Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] ANA using Amadeus booking system from April 11, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)

In case you are not already aware, ANA will be switching over from their current reservations system to Amadeus this Saturday (April 11th).

For those of you who have bookings with ANA flights together with flights of other Amadeus hosted carriers such as SQ, TG, LH, BR, CX, QF, BA etc on the same booking, you will notice that the Amadeus PNR on www.checkmytrip.com is starting to show your ANA flights as well. As the conversion is not final until Saturday, it looks like seat, meals and ticket data has not yet transferred over.

According to the ANA website, the Award Availability tool will no longer have the 7-day search function. Instead, you will have to search for awards using a specific date with a +/3 day window (not too sure how this will look like).

Last edited by daniellam; Apr 8, 2015 at 10:38 pm
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When other airlines have switched GDS's before some pricing anomalies have happened
People have flown long haul for a few dollars (but not me )
Old Apr 9, 2015, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
When other airlines have switched GDS's before some pricing anomalies have happened
People have flown long haul for a few dollars (but not me )
When SQ switched to Amadeus, they accidentally released a lot of award availability to their partners that would otherwise only be available to their own members

However, when CX switched to Amadeus, they accidentally restricted award availability to their partners. For a period of time, none of their partners could see CX awards.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Can't see any ANA rewards at this time.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daniellam

According to the ANA website, the Award Availability tool will no longer have the 7-day search function. Instead, you will have to search for awards using a specific date with a +/3 day window (not too sure how this will look like).
Now with the switch over to Amadeus now done, the award availability function now sucks!

Apparently, the +/3 day window search is only for those who want to book Y awards.

For F/J awards, you must search each day individually. Once you get the result, you'll have to choose "modify" search to choose another day to search.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 4:53 am

Now with the switch over to Amadeus now done, the award availability function now sucks!
So, is there a *A tool remaining that shows multi-day availability on a single page? Or was the old ANA tool the last one?
Old Apr 12, 2015, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador

Apparently, the +/3 day window search is only for those who want to book Y awards.

For F/J awards, you must search each day individually. Once you get the result, you'll have to choose "modify" search to choose another day to search.
This sucks big time.

Terrible new ANA search site.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Plat., Marriott Plat.
WTS?

Wow, they really screwed up. I guess its nice that I (w/ zero ANA miles) no longer have to go through the whole charade of entering an ANA leg just to get to the *A search.

But seriously, 7 day search only for Y?
Old Apr 12, 2015, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by bumfluff
WTS?

Wow, they really screwed up. I guess its nice that I (w/ zero ANA miles) no longer have to go through the whole charade of entering an ANA leg just to get to the *A search.

But seriously, 7 day search only for Y?
I don't even see that as a search engine other than a 7 day calendar needing to click on a day to see what is available.

Last edited by 1Newflyer; Apr 12, 2015 at 4:42 pm
Old Apr 12, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Plat., Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I don't even see that
My mistake its +/- 3days for Y, even worse.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold

How are you seeing award availability?

Only domestic links works - but in Japanese.
International and partner links fail.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:13 am
ATD

Programs: Emirates Skywards, Delta Skymiles, Continental Onepass, etc.
Yes, I hope they fix this soon. Like others, I joined ANA just to be able to avail of their excellent Star Alliance award seat charts. The new interface flops in this regard.

--ATD
Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:26 am

Looks like all NH award space just went poof.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 3:35 am

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Booking Code Change with *A flight segments

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 10:34 am Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Apr 13, 2015, 6:58 am

My multi-carrier, multi-alliance ticket (issued on ANA, with the domestic travel on ANA) now won't show up at all on the website, although before the change I could easily get e-ticket itinerary/receipt. The "search reservation" function returns "The reservation cannot be identified based on the name you entered". Search by the old ANA confirmation number, Amadeus confirmation, e-ticket number all return the same answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.