Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Amazing service for passengers with disabilities

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

I recently flew ANA with my brother, and brother-inlaw for a vacation to Japan. All of my extended relatives are in Japan, but due to my brother's disability (cerebral palsy), and costs, we have never been in a position to bring my brother back home to Japan as often as we'd like. The last time was 28 1/2 years ago. He had last seen his grandfather 23 years ago.

I had recently graduated and found a great job. I felt it wasn't fair so I had planned this trip. I was worried about the use of the wheelchair and him walking in the aircraft. He does have the ability to walk with canes, albeit slowly. We flew from YVR-NRT via SEA and TKS-HND and NRT-SEA-YVR. While the Air Canada were good, ANA staff from ground to crew were fantastic!

The flight crew went out of their way to make my brother comfortable. They followed up with him throughout the flight. We had front row seats of the economy cabin to make it easier for him to go to the washroom. The flight attendant even came to help to steady him as he stood (even though we were capable with myself and my brother-inlaw). At the end of the flight, he received a package with origami, post card, playing cards, and messages from 5 flight attendants hoping him a great trip, and seeing the cherry blossoms. After they even posed with my brother for a photo. Something about having 4 very pretty Japanese flight attendants surrounding you will make a guy smile

When we got to NRT, there were 2 ground staff waiting for us at the gate. We hadn't requested help, but the ground staff in SEA had called up ahead just in case. They were there to help with our belongings and to push my brother through the airport through immigration, baggage and customs. Although we had everything under control, they stayed with us until we were completely done.

I couldn't have asked for any better service. This will be the first time I personally write an airline to thank them for the exceptional service they provided on all the segments.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:45 pm

Great post. Thanks for posting. Hope you and your family had a great trip. Other than seeing family, being there for the cherry blossoms was probably icing on the cake.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: Airplanes!
Nice to see posts like this. Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm sure the airline will appreciate the hand written letter too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.