Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

What is the Longest NH to NH Missed Connection?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP

In an attempt to answer and stop the seemingly endless stream of posts about connection times at NRT, please answer the following question.

For NRT international to international connections on NH, what is the longest time between an NH arrival (actual gate time) and an NH departure (scheduled departure time), where you have actually missed your connection?

Please no comments about how much time you think is required or stories about running through the terminal in order to just make your connection. Only post if you have actually missed an NH to NH international connection at NRT and include your actual arrival time and scheduled departure time (or the actual amount of time.)

E.g. We arrived at the gate at 4:15 and I missed my scheduled 4:30 departure, or we arrived at the gate 10 minutes before my scheduled departure and I missed the connection.

I'm betting the maximum time (in minutes) is either a negative number or a single digit positive number.

Falling asleep in the terminal or stopping to buy a cappuccino (a la Mrs. 5k) disqualifies you from posting.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

So apparently, no one has ever missed an NH to NH international connection at NRT. Approximately what I figured. Hopefully we'll stop see seeing the regular stream of posts about "Can I make such and such a connection?"
Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by 5khours
Hopefully we'll stop see seeing the regular stream of posts about "Can I make such and such a connection?"
Doubt it.

But I am glad to see no replies to your post. NH does a great job of ensuring folks make connections.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Too good a job at times; sometimes I just want some time to laze around the lounge/airport.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
To say that a connection has never been missed at NRT is impossible.
To say that a FTer has never missed a connection at NRT it is possible.
I know for a fact the West Coast flights are held for inbound Asian connections.
I would imagine the only reason for a miss-connect would be a mechanical.
Lolly gagging in the DFS or smoke tank would be considered missing your flight, not a connection.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by schoflyer
To say that a FTer has never missed a connection at NRT it is possible.
I know for a fact the West Coast flights are held for inbound Asian connections.
I would imagine the only reason for a miss-connect would be a mechanical.
Lolly gagging in the DFS or smoke tank would be considered missing your flight, not a connection.
I assume that you means you have never missed a connection and are therefore another data point proving the assertion that no one ever misses an NH connection.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Thanks for the wink but....
Actually it means that
1) I have always had time for a beer in the Suite Lounge for all of my connections save maybe 1 when we were 1.5 hours late ex-BKK on a 45 min connection.
2) In 10 years on the NH board I do not recall a "missed connection" post without a mechanical.
3) I've been told by NH staff that they hold flights for connections for the afternoon departures to the US and they do not strand thru passengers in NRT. (Previously they endorsed to TG via LAX. I'd guess these days they have an NH ex-HND option to LAX)
4) Um, if your stupid and waste time, life, or money, you don't can't blame NH.

The data point that is proof is nobody has responded to your thread saying they have! I never said once that I didn't miss a connection but you can decide if I have or have not ;-)
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by schoflyer
Since we're niggling, I must say that you are wrong.

"A connection has never been missed at NRT."

I have just proven that is not impossible to say it.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 8:17 am

Keep in mind that ANA is not the most well-known or popular of east Asian carriers for people who either live in or have lived in North America (where the vast majority of FTers live). I am one of the annoying people who posted a question regarding connection times. I asked because I have never flown through NRT (or anywhere else in Japan), and was curious about what to expect. An 80-minute connection is apparently way more than adequate at NRT, but this is not necessarily the case in other airports where I have connected in the past. Specifically, I would be hesitant to take such a connection at CDG or even LAX due to the configuration of said airports. My question was certainly not intended to antagonize the OP or anybody else; it was simply an honest inquiry.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by greenery-travel
Keep in mind that ANA is not the most well-known or popular of east Asian carriers for people who either live in or have lived in North America (where the vast majority of FTers live). I am one of the annoying people who posted a question regarding connection times. I asked because I have never flown through NRT (or anywhere else in Japan), and was curious about what to expect. An 80-minute connection is apparently way more than adequate at NRT, but this is not necessarily the case in other airports where I have connected in the past. Specifically, I would be hesitant to take such a connection at CDG or even LAX due to the configuration of said airports. My question was certainly not intended to antagonize the OP or anybody else; it was simply an honest inquiry.
Ever think about doing a search.... there are only a gazillion existing threads on this topic.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 4:36 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
I think this thread has run its course.

- armagebedar
ANA forum moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.