Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA updates F amenity kits and lounge bath-time sets from Apr 1 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2013, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
flying JFK-NRT in F at the end of April, i'll report back if the new Rimowa are in circulation.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 6:11 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
I'll be flying SFO-NRT in early May, so I'll do the same.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Just flew SFO-NRT yesterday and sad to report that Samsonite amenity kit was provided.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
flying JFK-NRT in F at the end of April, i'll report back if the new Rimowa are in circulation.
Originally Posted by armagebedar
I'll be flying SFO-NRT in early May, so I'll do the same.
Originally Posted by sfoactuary
Just flew SFO-NRT yesterday and sad to report that Samsonite amenity kit was provided.

NH had changed the dates for Rimowa.

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co...ide/f/amenity/

Amenity kit
●Basic Care set by "The Ginza Cosmetics" ・Energizing lotion
・Moisturizing emulsion
・Creamy cleansing foam
・Facial cotton pad (4 pieces)
●Tooth brush set, eye mask, ear plugs *On flights departing from Japan, the amenities will be in Samsonite bags (left in photo), while on flights departing from places outside Japan, amenities will be in bags manufactured by Rimowa (right in photo). *Rimowa bag will be provided from June, 2013.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Apr 5, 2013 at 5:16 pm
Old Apr 5, 2013, 5:49 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE

Darn, that sucks. I wonder why the delay?
Old Apr 5, 2013, 5:59 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
To offset the loss from the 787 grounding?
Old Apr 6, 2013, 3:32 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Crap, indeed that is a bummer. I'm flying NRT -> SFO in a few days and will report back but expecting another Thanh kit I guess.

On the plus side, I really like the toiletry kit provided when using the showers in the lounge at Narita.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 5:20 pm

Either way, the amenity kits on ANA are hardly what is motivating people to book F. The Square, on the other hand, is fantastic, as is the food and service in F. The only thing I would like to see change is the pillow; it's too small and not firm enough for my taste.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by ainternational
Crap, indeed that is a bummer. I'm flying NRT -> SFO in a few days and will report back but expecting another Thanh kit I guess.
You do know that no matter Rimowa kit delay or not, you will only be getting the Samsonite kit right ? As Rimowa only suppose to be given out for flights arriving into Japan, not departing.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
You know what I would really like. Is instead of getting a mediocre amenity kit every flight would be to get a really nice amenity every 10th flight.... i.e. well designed leather kit, Braun electric travel razor, nice hair brush, good pair of travel scissors and nail clippers, etc. etc.

Honestly does anyone ever use the kit other than during the flight. I either just leave them unopened or they pile up in the cabinet under the sink. It's a complete waste.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by 5khours
You know what I would really like. Is instead of getting a mediocre amenity kit every flight would be to get a really nice amenity every 10th flight.... i.e. well designed leather kit, Braun electric travel razor, nice hair brush, good pair of travel scissors and nail clippers, etc. etc.

Honestly does anyone ever use the kit other than during the flight. I either just leave them unopened or they pile up in the cabinet under the sink. It's a complete waste.
i give them to my infrequently flying friends who get a kick out of using an amenity kit in Y for their once a year trip .... beyond that, I send the body care items, socks etc to an emergency shelter.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 3:59 am

Just flew ORD-NRT and was the only pax in F. Spectacular service ^. I got Samsonite amenity kit. In a previous JFK-NRT flight, I received the Rimowa kit.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 2:34 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by mileageking
Just flew ORD-NRT and was the only pax in F. Spectacular service ^. I got Samsonite amenity kit. In a previous JFK-NRT flight, I received the Rimowa kit.
Wait, what? The Rimowa kit? How could that be?
Old Apr 9, 2013, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by 5khours

Recall you mentioning this previously elsewhere and I completely agree. Evidently keeping them under the sink is popular, as that is where mine are as well. I have largely stopped collecting them now with the exception of this latest RTW ticket since I acquired some original new ones on LX and TG (Porsche Design).
Old Apr 9, 2013, 2:44 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
You know what would actually be cool is if they gave out different travel goodies in F on every flight. Then you could have a collection sort of like the LH FCT rubber duckies...only useful.

Heck I'd probably take some extra flights just to collect extra goodies!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.