Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Using Schedule on one leg of award ticket to allow for Change to a later leg?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium

Hello,

My wife and I have an ANA award ticket for September 2013. Since then, there has been a schedule change of about 4 hours on one of our legs. Which this change makes the itinerary less convenient, we have almost no choice but to accept the change for this leg. However, I would like to tweak the cities in a later segment. What are the odds that ANA will allow this change for free due to the inconvenience of the schedule change? Does anyone have a similar experience they can share?

Original Itinerary:

GRU - IST - ATH - JTR - ATH - VIE - LED - IST - SGN - NRT // PTY - MAO (Stopovers are JTR, VIE, LED, SGN, and NRT)

Schedule Change:
GRU - IST originally took off at 11PM which was ideal. How it has moved to 3AM the next day which is less ideal and will cut down on our time in Istanbul.

What I would like to ultimately change to:

GRU - IST - ATH - JTR - ATH - VIE - LED - IST - SGN - SIN - KIX // PTY - MAO (2 hour connection in Singapore)

Best regards,

Beofotch
Old Jan 13, 2013, 6:11 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by beofotch
B]What are the odds that ANA will allow this change for free due to the inconvenience of the schedule change?[/B]
If you still meet the MCT for each connection, then your odds are zero -- NH will treat this as a voluntary change and charge you for it, I'm afraid.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:48 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by armagebedar
If you still meet the MCT for each connection, then your odds are zero -- NH will treat this as a voluntary change and charge you for it, I'm afraid.
Also, your original itin was less than 20,000 miles, but your revised itin will be 20,617 miles. It will be a heat to pull this off. Give it a try and let us know.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

GeClub1 - you are right and that was my downfall.

I called and they were willing to re-issue the ticket with no fee with the SGN - SIN - KIX instead of SGN - NRT since I complained the schedule change of IST - GRU was a 4 hour inconvenience. They reccalculated the mileage required, and sure enough they said it would be 125k per ticket instead of the 115k. I have no more ANA points, and even so I don't think I would pay extra just for the switch to KIX.

So I was close, and if I can figure out a way to get form SGN to Kyoto without tripping over 20,000 miles, I can make the change fee free!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
GeClub1 - you are right and that was my downfall.

I called and they were willing to re-issue the ticket with no fee with the SGN - SIN - KIX instead of SGN - NRT since I complained the schedule change of IST - GRU was a 4 hour inconvenience. They reccalculated the mileage required, and sure enough they said it would be 125k per ticket instead of the 115k. I have no more ANA points, and even so I don't think I would pay extra just for the switch to KIX.

So I was close, and if I can figure out a way to get form SGN to Kyoto without tripping over 20,000 miles, I can make the change fee free!
I did a bit of search and I found SGN-ICN-KIX on OZ would make your whole journey 19646 miles. United.com shows plenty of OZ J award availability.

Another route would be to use SGN-TPE-KIX on BR when it joins Star Alliance in a few months.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 3:45 pm

fees?

I'm curious, what were the fees on that ticket? Flying out of Brazil, there are no fuel surcharges on the long legs, or is it for the entire itinerary since it originated there?

Looks like a great award. Nice job!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Alright great news. I have gotten ANA to accept this change:
To:
GRU - IST - ATH - JTR - ATH - VIE - LED - IST - SGN - NRT/HND -ITM// PTY - MAO

So now I will spend 2 days in Tokyo and then go to Kyoto, where I will catch a seperated United F ticket. If I want to change to have 3 days in Tokyo, or 3 in Kyoto, I can just modify my new HND - ITM leg to NRT/HND - KIX/ITM as availability opens up. They did this as a reiissued ticket due to the schedule change. They are calculating the taxes and fees right now, but I am guessing it will be the same.

They originally charged $500 per ticket, but I called them out on the YQ and after 2 days of research they agreed and charged $300 per ticket.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 5:34 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
They originally charged $500 per ticket, but I called them out on the YQ and after 2 days of research they agreed and charged $300 per ticket.
2 days to research YQ?! That leaves me with very little faith in their online booking system...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.