Wiki Posts
Search

nh lax-haneda then on to delhi via nrt

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2012, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: aa lifetime platinum
nh lax-haneda then on to delhi via nrt

i have booked this in business class for november 2013 -with a us mileage award- i cannot find anything on the seats except it is now listed as a 777-200
to hanedaa and a 737 from nrt to bom. - 5 hour connecting time and it is on one PNR
can someone help with information about the seats on thse planes in business.
please. ?

will there be a change of aircraft to a more modern seat in 11 months time?
are these lie flat, with a horizontal footrest, and is IFE in english ?
i have heard wonderful things about NH and am anxioous to try them ,
but there seems to be little info about seating comfort on particular flights.

any help and info would be appreciated, as i have as an alternative the non stop ua flight from newark to mumbai , but i prefer an Asia based carrier due to the serviCe, and from los angeles, it is easier to get to asia with nH,- lack or weather issues in november to cause delays that can materialize on the us east coase

Last edited by marbles dad; Dec 27, 2012 at 5:42 am Reason: spelling and syntax
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by marbles dad
i have booked this in business class for november 2013 -with a us mileage award- i cannot find anything on the seats except it is now listed as a 777-200
to hanedaa and a 737 from nrt to bom. - 5 hour connecting time and it is on one PNR
can someone help with information about the seats on thse planes in business.
please. ?

will there be a change of aircraft to a more modern seat in 11 months time?
are these lie flat, with a horizontal footrest, and is IFE in english ?
i have heard wonderful things about NH and am anxioous to try them ,
but there seems to be little info about seating comfort on particular flights.

any help and info would be appreciated, as i have as an alternative the non stop ua flight from newark to mumbai , but i prefer an Asia based carrier due to the serviCe, and from los angeles, it is easier to get to asia with nH,- lack or weather issues in november to cause delays that can materialize on the us east coase
Maybe there will be a change of aircraft, but currently LAX-HND in C class is using the angle flat seat, you should try and get on LAX-NRT instead.

Also, it is very unlikely for NRT-BOM to switch from a 737 to a bigger plane, and if it switch, more than likely it would only switch to a 767, both 737 and 767 in C class have angle seats not ideal for sleeping, even much worse than the angle seats on 777-200ER for LAX-HND.

777-200ER C class for LAX-HND
http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co.../777_300er_02/

737-700ER C class for NRT-BOM
http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_co...7_businessjet/

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Dec 27, 2012 at 10:15 am
Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
NH are operating a B767 from NRT-Delhi. It's a very tight connection if you're arriving on the NH flight from LAX.(55mins). I would avoid a 10 1/2hr flight on an NH 767 at all costs, especially on their business seats. Take the non-stop from EWR to Bombay and connect.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Originally Posted by Rpcfly
NH are operating a B767 from NRT-Delhi. It's a very tight connection if you're arriving on the NH flight from LAX.(55mins). I would avoid a 10 1/2hr flight on an NH 767 at all costs, especially on their business seats. Take the non-stop from EWR to Bombay and connect.
But then you have that horrible cross-airport transfer at BOM and an extra full body patdown at BOM as well. For some people that transfer, is worth than 10 hours on a 767.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by skyvanman
But then you have that horrible cross-airport transfer at BOM and an extra full body patdown at BOM as well. For some people that transfer, is worth than 10 hours on a 767.
It absolutely is IMHO. They have the cradle seats on the B767 which get very uncomfortable after a few hours let alone 10+.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It absolutely is IMHO. They have the cradle seats on the B767 which get very uncomfortable after a few hours let alone 10+.
Well, but NRT-BOM is a 737BBJ with cradle seats as well, not much improvement, only thing difference is a lot less seats and pax on the plane.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Well, but NRT-BOM is a 737BBJ with cradle seats as well, not much improvement, only thing difference is a lot less seats and pax on the plane.
True but the OP said he was going to New Delhi. The BBJ to BOM is not fun either. Took it once last year and we had to stop for more fuel.... It doesn't have the range to make this flight in the winter months.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

True but the OP said he was going to New Delhi. The BBJ to BOM is not fun either. Took it once last year and we had to stop for more fuel.... It doesn't have the range to make this flight in the winter months.

Originally Posted by marbles dad
Old Jan 4, 2013, 9:41 pm

Someone at a.net did a trip report on the BBJ service from NRT to Mumbai via Fukuoka. The aircraft looks very nice and the service is very good.

Here is the link:
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/218048/

From LAX to HND, you can find trip reports here and November 2013 is quite away from now, and who knows what will happen to those NH Boeing 777-200 or 737BBJ service?

Just be mindful that it takes about a little bit more than an hour to travel from Haneda to Narita on the Airport limousine bus. Five hours sound about right!

Carfield

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.