Search

ANA lounge openings/closures [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:29 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan
Original Poster

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
ANA lounge openings/closures [consolidated]

Good news for those of us who fly NH domestically: they are planning to open four new lounges (including an update to the currently-closed lounge at OKA), three of which will be open by April 1. The announcement in Japanese can be found here.

OKA (Naha): 2012/2/25 (increasing from 64 to 85 seats)
KOJ (Kagoshima): 2012/3/1 (increasing from 56 to 70 seats)
KMJ (Kumamoto): 2012/4/1 (increasing from 26 to 43 seats)
OKJ (Okayama): mid-August 2012 (50 seats)

Okinawa:

Kagoshima:

Kumamoto:

Okayama:

Last edited by armagebedar; Mar 22, 2012 at 10:05 pm Reason: Updated OKA lounge info
Old Jan 26, 2012, 8:35 am

It's great news but would it hurt them to be a little less efficient and a little more aesthetic? Those aren't just clean lines and rows, those are virtually hospital waiting rooms.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Beard Papa
It's great news but would it hurt them to be a little less efficient and a little more aesthetic? Those aren't just clean lines and rows, those are virtually hospital waiting rooms.
I think pretty much all NH domestic lounge has the same design and also with pathetic offerings, drink and rice crackers, but the most important thing for the Japanese is a sizeable smoking room inside the lounge
Old Jan 26, 2012, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
I think pretty much all NH domestic lounge has the same design and also with pathetic offerings, drink and rice crackers, but the most important thing for the Japanese is a sizeable smoking room inside the lounge
I heard that the OKA lounge is having its smoking room removed for added capacity, and I suspect the others may be too small for a dedicated smoking room in the lounge.

Really, they tend to be just a place for free booze--and with the number of SFC holders out there, who can blame ANA for not spending much money on food? If even half the stories on 2ch are true, they'd be crazy to...
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by armagebedar
I heard that the OKA lounge is having its smoking room removed for added capacity, and I suspect the others may be too small for a dedicated smoking room in the lounge.

Really, they tend to be just a place for free booze--and with the number of SFC holders out there, who can blame ANA for not spending much money on food? If even half the stories on 2ch are true, they'd be crazy to...

Most of the domestic lounge smoking room is usually occupied 1/4 the size of the entire lounge, and you can also see the smoking area is more crowded than the non-smoking area. If there is no smoking room inside the lounge, then the lounge will definately be less crowded, considered the amount of smokers in Japan !

I don't think there are that many SFC holders compare to US carriers actually sell lounge membership, on top of it some credit cards as well as priority pass offer lounge access as well, NH don't even have those two groups of people. At least all UA/CO/US domestic lounge still have several real snacks or continental breakfast in the morning, rather than pretzel sticks only.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
The OKA was still boarded up this morning when I left.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

I updated the post with seating information.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

ITM and KIX (domestic) lounge renovations

ANA announced that they are going to renovate the ITM and KIX (domestic) lounges this summer, with the KIX lounge to open in the beginning of June and the ITM lounge in the beginning of August. The announcement is Japanese is here.

KIX: Closes 10 April, reopens by early June 2012; increases from 60 to 90 seats with power at every seat
ITM: Closes 5 May, reopens by early August 2012; increases to 400 seats with power at every seat; renovated smoking room

Itami:

Kansai:
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

I updated the main post with information on the new OKJ lounge.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
ANA announced that they are going to renovate the ITM and KIX (domestic) lounges this summer, with the KIX lounge to open in the beginning of June and the ITM lounge in the beginning of August. The announcement is Japanese is here.

KIX: Closes 10 April, reopens by early June 2012; increases from 60 to 90 seats with power at every seat
ITM: Closes 5 May, reopens by early August 2012; increases to 400 seats with power at every seat; renovated smoking room

Itami:

Kansai:
Simple, elegant, modern and stylish. I love the ANA lounges!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blackmamba
I just wish they had more food! One cannot live on packets of snack mix and beer alone...
Old Mar 23, 2012, 1:30 am

I just wish they had more food! One cannot live on packets of snack mix and beer alone...
I don't drink beer, so I'm relegated to Snack Mix and Green Tea! I really wish they had some snacks (at least like at KIX International)
Old Mar 23, 2012, 4:29 am

Programs: EuroBonus Gold *G, Miles&More Senator *G, Marco Polo Club Silver, PriorityClub Platinum
Good point, ANA lounges really do have very poor food. Haneda intl. isn't bad but Narita is very poor.
I wish they were more like the NZ lounges
Old Mar 23, 2012, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YClassFlyer
Good point, ANA lounges really do have very poor food. Haneda intl. isn't bad but Narita is very poor.
The international lounges are one thing, but the domestic lounges are another thing entirely...
Old Mar 23, 2012, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ITM lounge close for 3 months ?

Since both floors have sitting area and drink stations already in place, would that be wise just close the 1st floor to renovate and keep the 2nd floor open ? Or vice versa ? What are they thinking ?

Originally Posted by blackmamba
Are you seriously love a lounge just with nice decor but only offer you drinks and rice crackers ?

Originally Posted by YClassFlyer
I think you are confused with NH international and domestic lounges. OP is talking about domestic lounges, and none of the NH domestic lounges offer any food at all, rice crackers only.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Mar 23, 2012 at 8:09 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.