Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA lounge openings/closures [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: EuroBonus Gold *G, Miles&More Senator *G, Marco Polo Club Silver, PriorityClub Platinum
Hmm ok perhaps my mistake... was assuming that NH lounge in Narita would be considered international but perhaps not?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:00 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan
Original Poster

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
I think you are confused with NH international and domestic lounges. OP is talking about domestic lounges, and none of the NH domestic lounges offer any food at all, rice crackers only.
Not that it's much use to non-DIAs, but the domestic Suite Lounge at HND has soup, bread, and cookies. There used to be sandwiches, but they were "enhanced" away...
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YClassFlyer
Hmm ok perhaps my mistake... was assuming that NH lounge in Narita would be considered international but perhaps not?
It is, but this topic is about domestic lounges as ORDnHKG noted.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Oops, I'm planning a trip to Kansai in mid-May. Thant means I won't have any domestic lounge to use at that time in neither KIX nor ITM.

Originally Posted by armagebedar
ANA announced that they are going to renovate the ITM and KIX (domestic) lounges this summer, with the KIX lounge to open in the beginning of June and the ITM lounge in the beginning of August. The announcement is Japanese is here.

KIX: Closes 10 April, reopens by early June 2012; increases from 60 to 90 seats with power at every seat
ITM: Closes 5 May, reopens by early August 2012; increases to 400 seats with power at every seat; renovated smoking room
Old Apr 1, 2012, 5:35 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
The announcment in english, https://www.ana.co.jp/topics/notice120124/index_e.html,
mentions you can at least get 500 ANA miles compensation for each occasion unless you are a Bronze service member.
Old May 10, 2012, 2:45 am
Original Poster

SDJ and KOJ lounge renovations

ANA quietly made changes to the previous announcement, noting that they are going to renovate the lounges at SDJ (Sendai) and KMQ (Komatsu) this fall. As with the other lounges, Premium Class passengers will then be able to use both of these lounges. When more details are released I will post them here.

Last edited by armagebedar; Aug 17, 2012 at 7:33 pm Reason: KMQ not KOJ
Old May 10, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Heard recently from ANA staff that there will be a true ANA lounge in SJC for the launch of the SJC -> TYO early next year.

Previously there was discussion about them 'renting' use of an existing lounge which evidently they've decided against.
Old May 10, 2012, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ainternational
Heard recently from ANA staff that there will be a true ANA lounge in SJC for the launch of the SJC -> TYO early next year.

Previously there was discussion about them 'renting' use of an existing lounge which evidently they've decided against.
Wow, that is news. If so, that would be their first and only international lounge. Last I heard the airport operator, not NH, was planning to ask for bids from companies to build and operate a lounge that NH would then rent.

Here's a PDF from the city of San Jose detailing the bid, complete with proposed floor plans.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

NH has announced the opening dates for the refurbished ITM and new OKJ lounges:

ITM: August 1, 2012 (Wednesday)
OKJ: August 9, 2012 (Wednesday)

NH will also be offering some special drinks in these lounges on a limited-time basis.

ITM:
KONISHI Ginjo Hiyashibori sake (until Feb 2013)
Yamadanishiki ANNAROCK Genshu sake (until Feb 2013)
Carnet Rouge beer (until Sep 2012)

OKJ:
Yuzu Honey non-alcoholic beverage (until Feb 2013)

http://www.ana.co.jp/pr/12_0709/12-054.html

Last edited by armagebedar; Jul 9, 2012 at 3:14 am
Old Jul 7, 2012, 10:34 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
I'm sitting in the new OKA lounge now, and it is TINY! And because it is tiny, it feels very crowded. It's hard to believe the old lounge was even smaller.

And most of the seats seem to be the tiny kind that are crammed up against a counter running the length of the wall or window. There are also a number of "bar stool" seats crammed close together. I see now how ANA increased lounge capacity. They packed in the seats like sardines!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Quick update: both the ITM and OKJ lounges have (re)opened.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armagebedar
ANA quietly made changes to the previous announcement, noting that they are going to renovate the lounges at SDJ (Sendai) and KMQ (Komatsu) this fall. As with the other lounges, Premium Class passengers will then be able to use both of these lounges. When more details are released I will post them here.
ANA announced that both the SDJ and KMQ lounges will close on September 10 and will reopen by the end of November. Both will continue to be non-smoking.

Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:29 am
Original Poster

The Hiroshima (HIJ) lounge will also undergo renovations starting on 1 October and lasting until mid-January 2013. Like the new KMQ and SDJ lounges, HIJ will also remain non-smoking throughout.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond+SFC+1MM (NH*G), Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Penn Club of NY
With all the Domestic Lounge improvements, it will be nice to see ANA upgrade the NRT C and Suite Lounges.

With JAL improving their First and Sakura Lounges at Narita and increasing their offerings, ANA needs to keep up!
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by ANAStarFlyer
With all the Domestic Lounge improvements, it will be nice to see ANA upgrade the NRT C and Suite Lounges.

With JAL improving their First and Sakura Lounges at Narita and increasing their offerings, ANA needs to keep up!
Is it confirmed that NH is making improvements at NRT? If so, is there a schedule posted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.