Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Transit from HND to NRT, do I need to carry the checked-in luggage with me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit from HND to NRT, do I need to carry the checked-in luggage with me?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by armagebedar
Yes, four hours is enough time to make the transfer..
Usually, yes. But I would have missed it due to queues at Haneda twice out of my 12 trips.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:32 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by datsuzei
Usually, yes. But I would have missed it due to queues at Haneda twice out of my 12 trips.
In those cases I would absolutely inform ground staff so they can help you make the connection.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Avis First
Flying in to NRT and departing from HND. Can I check my luggage through?

Will ANA allow it?

Last edited by armagebedar; Apr 7, 2015 at 5:04 pm Reason: Merged into existing thread on same topic
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
No.

You will have to collect at NRT and transport yourself to HND.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I'm going to venture a guess that nothing has changed in a year since the last post and you have to take your luggage from HND-NRT when on the same ticket, right?

Looking at a 9-11h connection in TYO coming in from BKK to fly back to either SFO or SJC.

If it is BKK-NRT-SJC with a 9h layover my bags will be fine then, right? I can just enter Japan take the NEX and enjoy a few hours in Tokyo.
Is there any luggage storage around Tokyo Station should I decide to do BKK-HND/NRT-SJC?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I'm going to venture a guess that nothing has changed in a year since the last post and you have to take your luggage from HND-NRT when on the same ticket, right?

Looking at a 9-11h connection in TYO coming in from BKK to fly back to either SFO or SJC.

If it is BKK-NRT-SJC with a 9h layover my bags will be fine then, right? I can just enter Japan take the NEX and enjoy a few hours in Tokyo.
Is there any luggage storage around Tokyo Station should I decide to do BKK-HND/NRT-SJC?
The transfer between HND and NRT is business as usual when it comes to luggage. Pick up and bring yourself. There are options to store your luggage at all major stations in Tokyo.

Tokyo station is a bit of a bother for the NEX, as the platform is a basement level 5. Bit otherwise clearly e ough signposted.

If you have a 9 hour NRT layover on the same ticket, you'll not see your luggage and can just jump in to town.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I've stayed 3x at the Tokyo Station Hotel so I've gone through with my bags from the NEX but I just never was on the lookout for anything that to store.

I think 9h NRT layover is probably the best bet then even if it involves the NEX twice.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
PEK-HND...NRT-ORD premium cabins.

I know we'll need to get our bags from HND to NRT ourselves, but will they be checked through at PEK meaning we'll only need to drop them? Also I assume we'll get both BPs at PEK?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by milepig
PEK-HND...NRT-ORD premium cabins.

I know we'll need to get our bags from HND to NRT ourselves, but will they be checked through at PEK meaning we'll only need to drop them? Also I assume we'll get both BPs at PEK?
Yes and yes. Provided you are on NH all the way, if a combination of carries, yes and yes provided you are on a single ticket.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yes and yes. Provided you are on NH all the way, if a combination of carries, yes and yes provided you are on a single ticket.
Thx. All NH. We have 4:20 for the transfer but the PEK-HND flight has a dismal on time record so every minute counts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.