Wiki Posts
Search

Cancel AZ award ticket

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Smile Cancel AZ award ticket

Hello!

Sometimes things just do not go as expected.

Short question: is there really no chance to get a refund (at least the miles) for a award ticket on AZ if the flight is not needed anymore? It is VRN-FCO-CAI in business class.

Why I ask:

I had booked CAI-DOH-MIA with QR last year, and early this year VRN-FCO-CAI with AZ, all in C as an award ticket.

Since QR has 'problems' with CAI-DOH, I could get my ticket changed into FCO-DOH-MIA, and as a consequence I would need to cancel my AZ ticket.

Should I not get a refund, I will fly to lovely CAI, of course. Should I get it, I would do a plain FCO-DOH-MIA.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Millemiglia Regulations
9.15 Under no circumstances will Miles spent on Award Tickets be credited back to a Member's or Company's account, unless the Award Ticket is not used, either in full or in part, due to causes that are attributable to Alitalia and without prejudice to the exceptions indicated on the website www.alitalia.com. In any case where the Award Ticket is not used, or is partially used, Members (for Companies, the Administrator) may request that the Miles used for the value of taxes and supplements or payment contributions be credited back to them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.