Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALITALIA boarding process?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

ALITALIA boarding process?

I bought an economy comfort seat ($85 on top of my Delta Skymiles award ticket) on Alitalia (seat 29a on airbus 330) Boston to Rome. Does anyone know what the boarding process is? I have no status on Alitalia and have been told that economy comfort seating does not come with any early boarding privileges. Would prefer not to check my one small rollerbag so looking to get on board before the overheads fill up. Any info appreciated.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 3:10 am

Welcome to FT.

Business Class, Freccia Alata Plus, Freccia Alata and Ulisse passengers all get priority boarding whereas I'm afraid that's not the case for those travelling in Premium Economy. That said, I wouldn't worry too much about overhead bins' space when travelling in PE hence you can easily bring your small suitcase with you on board.

G
Old Mar 13, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
29A is a regular economy seat (not premium economy) with more legroom at the emergency exit. There will be standard bording for this seat, and overhead bins may fill up quickly. And you have to stow your baggage in the overhand bins, as there's no seat in front of you and you can't stow it on the floor. Try to bord as soon, when economy class passengers are called to bord.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
29A is a regular economy seat (not premium economy) with more legroom at the emergency exit. There will be standard bording for this seat, and overhead bins may fill up quickly. And you have to stow your baggage in the overhand bins, as there's no seat in front of you and you can't stow it on the floor. Try to bord as soon, when economy class passengers are called to bord.
You're obviously right there and my apologies to the OP - I clearly didn't pay too much attention to the seat number and got easily confused with Delta Comfort+/Alitalia Premium Economy, mostly given that, indeed, the former comes with priority boarding

Thanks for spotting and clarifying this for the OP ^

G
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:46 pm

Premium Economy check in

I'm flying Premium Economy this weekend from BOS -> FCO and saw this thread. Alitalia's website says that priority seating is available on Premium Economy.

So I'm wondering which is correct?

Thank you!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Do you mean priority boarding?

Because I have no idea what you mean by "priority seating".

(Congrats for making your first post, by the way...after 13 years!)
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
(Congrats for making your first post, by the way...after 13 years!)
I second that and I hope you do stick around, lfw57.

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Do you mean priority boarding?
Here is hoping for a response before April 11th 2030!

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.