Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Alitalia Incompetence: Skyteam link down for over a week

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2016, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador

It's been over a week now that I cannot change an AZ-issued, Air France operated ticket. The agents in Italy all tell me that the link to partner airlines is down, that the problem has been logged and that they have no idea when it will be fixed.

Furthermore, in typical Alitalia fashion, there is no supervisor to speak with, no technical department to try to manually rebook a ticket. A total disaster.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to address this? It's really ridiculous.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Why don't you book direct with the operating carrier, if you want to have the flexibility to change the ticket without any problems?
Old Nov 12, 2016, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Because it's an award ticket using AZ miles.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
It's been over a week now that I cannot change an AZ-issued, Air France operated ticket. The agents in Italy all tell me that the link to partner airlines is down, that the problem has been logged and that they have no idea when it will be fixed.

Furthermore, in typical Alitalia fashion, there is no supervisor to speak with, no technical department to try to manually rebook a ticket. A total disaster.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to address this? It's really ridiculous.
Facebook team: whilst I've never tried it myself, it seems however to be an effective channel for getting things done (this according to several reports, including here on FT). On a side note, I entirely agree with you on the amateurish attitude of AZ customer services, regardless of where they operate from (the UK branch, by direct experience, being one of the worst).

G
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

I am actually beginning to think that AZ is doing this on purpose. I find it hard to believe that for more than one month the link between AZ and AF/KL can possibly be down for award tickets ONLY and up for revenue tickets alone. It's especially uncanny that it has been down since October 14th... exactly the same day they did the switchover to Sabre......

It's really ridiculous that they are incapable of handling this.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
I am actually beginning to think that AZ is doing this on purpose. I find it hard to believe that for more than one month the link between AZ and AF/KL can possibly be down for award tickets ONLY and up for revenue tickets alone. It's especially uncanny that it has been down since October 14th... exactly the same day they did the switchover to Sabre......

It's really ridiculous that they are incapable of handling this.
Given that AZ uses now Sabre and AF/KL uses Amadeus, incompatibilities do not surprise me in the least.

Also, internal word has it that Sabre has still a lot of issues to be ironed out.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Update: I received a call from AZ corporate and it is MOSTLY up and running now.
They can now see AF and KL award availability... if you're willing to spend double the miles ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.