Search

Amex Alitalia Platino

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL, 1WRLD SAPPHIRE, AZ CORP
Amex Alitalia Platino

Hello,

I just applied for an "Amex Alitalia Platino" card.
It grants CFA status for the first year.
Should I decided to cancel the Amex card early, would I retain CFA status for the remainder of the 12 months/calendar year?

Don't seem to have found anything on this specific topic.
Thanks for advising.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:17 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
I got the Plat for several years, so here' my experience:

when you get the card, the CFA membership automatically goes up to december year after - so if you got it in 2015, you would be assured membership until december 2016. even if you cancel it, membership will remain.

that said, you pay the full quote at the beginning, and it's a lot, so I'm not sure why you would cancel before a full year has passed.

FWIW, I canceled my membership in 2015 cause I don't think the benefits it offers are worth the yearly fee; consider this carefully. the only real advantage is easier access to CFA but as I fly >50k per year already it's pointless to have it. in this regards, the gold card is better IMO.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Amex Alitalia Platino

Agree with straniero

Some of the insurance cover on the Plat card is superior too - especially regarding late luggage
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
If you want CFA then I would take it for the first year... then convert it to a regular Italian Platino...

BTW there seems to be some push from within American Express away from the Alitalia cards...First the telephone agents have tried to persuade me to switch being as blunt as "well there's no point in having the Alitalia card" and then I got the same speech at Linate recently with a 10,000 MR offer to convert my card to a regular Platino... something is happening... Maybe Ethiad has something planned?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.