Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Retro credit of miles flown on EY (business ticket)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Hi, I flew EY CAI-JFK (via AUH) in business last month and at the airport I had asked the staff to put in my AZ FF number (AP member - top tier). Having checked my account today (already 3 weeks since the flight), zero miles have posted. I should have earned about 10K miles + 2 x bonus (a total of 20K miles)...

There is an online form which lists several airline ticketing codes... but am not sure which one is for EY. Does any one have any experience with this?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
The number you have to chose in the drop down list, is the ticket stock number of the airline that issued the ticket. 006 stands for DL, 055 for AZ, 057 for AF, etc. You'll find this information on the first 3 digits of your e-ticket. Sometimes you also need to leave off the first nr and take the 2nd to 4th digit.

But it looks like that the drop list is not up to date. The EY ticket nr is 607 and not in the list... So, you have to claim your mails by email, fax or mail:

Originally Posted by Alitalia
Send us a copy of your boarding pass and ticket or the receipts for the purchase made, giving your name and MilleMiglia code, within four months of the flight date:
  • by email to [email protected] (please do not send attachments larger than 2.5 MB or requests of any other kind, which will not be taken into consideration).
  • By fax to +39 06 91620060
  • By post to MilleMiglia Alitalia, Casella Postale 10371, 00144 ROME, ITALY

It takes around four weeks to process the request

Link: http://www.alitalia.com/it_en/millem...lia/index.html
Airline Ticket Numbers: http://www.airlineupdate.com/content...x/prefix_0.htm
Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! Will try the email. Hope being Freccia Alata Plus helps....

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
The number you have to chose in the drop down list, is the ticket stock number of the airline that issued the ticket. 006 stands for DL, 055 for AZ, 057 for AF, etc. You'll find this information on the first 3 digits of your e-ticket. Sometimes you also need to leave off the first nr and take the 2nd to 4th digit.

But it looks like that the drop list is not up to date. The EY ticket nr is 607 and not in the list... So, you have to claim your mails by email, fax or mail:

Airline Ticket Numbers: http://www.airlineupdate.com/content...x/prefix_0.htm
Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by brahms77
Thanks! Will try the email. Hope being Freccia Alata Plus helps....
What additional benefits do you expect for your matched status???
Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Having checked my account today (already 3 weeks since the flight), zero miles have posted.
Meaning the flights have posted to your account, but with zero miles awarded for each flight?

Did you pay for these tickets, or did you upgrade/buy the tickets using miles?

Did you perhaps have a different FFP number [maybe an Etihad Guest number, for instance] in the booking previously and have the miles posted elsewhere?

There is an online form which lists several airline ticketing codes... but am not sure which one is for EY. Does any one have any experience with this?
You don't need to look this up, or concern yourself with this.

The first 3 digits of every e-ticket number are an indicator of which airline issued the ticket (or on which airline stock the ticket was issued). You don't need to look up anything.

Just give the e-ticket number. For a ticket issued by Etihad, it will always start with the digits 607.

You cannot claim Etihad miles online. The online form is only for Alitalia ticket purchases. You have to use the procedure set out in post #2 above.

Last edited by irishguy28; Nov 18, 2015 at 1:33 am
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies.

* Originally had my EY#, but changed it to AZ both online and at the airport. My e-ticket shows that I had entered AZ number as shown on my AZ card.

* No, miles have not posted to either of my accounts (EY nor AZ).

* This was a paid business class ticket where on AZ's website shows that I should earn 130% (paid W class business ticket).

* I have followed Air Rarotonga's advice and sent them an email. They say it takes about 4 weeks so... patience is a virtue, I guess.

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Meaning the flights have posted to your account, but with zero miles awarded for each flight?

Did you pay for these tickets, or did you upgrade/buy the tickets using miles?

Did you perhaps have a different FFP number [maybe an Etihad Guest number, for instance] in the booking previously and have the miles posted elsewhere?

You don't need to look this up, or concern yourself with this.

The first 3 digits of every e-ticket number are an indicator of which airline issued the ticket (or on which airline stock the ticket was issued). You don't need to look up anything.

Just give the e-ticket number. For a ticket issued by Etihad, it will always start with the digits 607.

You cannot claim Etihad miles online. The online form is only for Alitalia ticket purchases. You have to use the procedure set out in post #2 above.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
What additional benefits do you expect for your matched status???
Not much, but generally with AA EXP, I've had relatively attentive communication via email and phone support for retro-credits, etc (where the EXP agents were also able to see that I had sent in an email request for retro-credit).
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Clearly AA has decided not to automatically credit miles, meaning that their customers will have to get in touch with the airline again each time they fly, providing another opportunity for AA to interact with the customer and show how good they are at customer service...
Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Clearly AA has decided not to automatically credit miles, meaning that their customers will have to get in touch with the airline again each time they fly, providing another opportunity for AA to interact with the customer and show how good they are at customer service...
Well, this happened (AA) because there were some ticketing issues for my flight (oversold flight - I was accommodated to new flight with IB in business). Things went very smoothly and miles posted within few days of my communication with AA (both email and phone).

With AZ, I am not sure. I am still waiting for my EY flight(s) to be posted. My recent AF flight in Premium Economy YUL-CDG posted within a day! So, I am hopeful that this will get resolved soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.