Community
Wiki Posts
Search

checking miles credited

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sky Team Elite Plus, Lufthansa Senator, BA Sliver, Hilton Diamond VIP, IHG GOLD, Marriot Gold
checking miles credited

Hello all

I am having a problem getting credited miles by Alitalia accrued on a Delta flight to Rome. I noticed that I got about a 1/3 of the miles I was expecting on the flight - the Alitalia statements are to me very difficult to interpret and with all the different rules for the classes of fares I never know what is going on. But in this case my ticket clearly said it was a Delta Business Class D fare which per Alitalia's web site says I should get 150% of the miles flown. However on my statement it says class E fare (which is economy) and they only gave me 50% of the miles flown.

I only really noticed this as I had to carefully calculate my last flight of the year to renew my elite status. I am wondering if anyone ever checks these things and if anyone has ever picked up errors.

I made the cardinal error last month of choosing a KLM flight which in the end gave me ZERO miles
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by skirabbit
I am having a problem getting credited miles by Alitalia accrued on a Delta flight to Rome.
Call them to check.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sky Team Elite Plus, Lufthansa Senator, BA Sliver, Hilton Diamond VIP, IHG GOLD, Marriot Gold
hahahaha raistlin not sure you have much experience with Alitalia - anyway I called them and they told me I should write to them with my claim. I never got a response but today my account was updated with the correct class of Ticket and miles - now I am wondering how often they do this.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:15 pm

hahahaha raistlin not sure you have much experience with Alitalia
Erhm... I think he does.

G
Old Nov 21, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
hahahaha raistlin not sure you have much experience with Alitalia
Oh, I just accrued 1.5 million miles with them over the past 3 years... Not that much.

I never got a response but today my account was updated with the correct class of Ticket and miles - now I am wondering how often they do this.
So you actually got the miles credited, which is the expected behavior of the process. I would hope they do this every single time.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:40 am
Original Poster

further errors

I went back in my statements and found some other errors so I am waiting to see about those now - I also have some long outstanding claims for some other sectors they missed on KLM flights. I am glad you find them responsive - I do not - I have been CFA for about 17 years - unfortunately with a gap of two years right in the middle - so have earned around 3 million miles with them.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:48 am

I went back in my statements and found some other errors so I am waiting to see about those now - I also have some long outstanding claims for some other sectors they missed on KLM flights. I am glad you find them responsive - I do not - I have been CFA for about 17 years - unfortunately with a gap of two years right in the middle - so have earned around 3 million miles with them.
I never said anything about them being responsive, did I?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.