Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improvements to on-board service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
That is a quite serious incident and, whilst I'm absolutely not doubting what you're saying, next time you could perhaps report date & flight number not only because chances are that other FTers were on-board and may be able to confirm whether that was the case in the entire cabin but also because some people from AZ could be reading the forum and do something about it.

G
It's actually so serious I honestly doubt it.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by fly747first
Not really, the 772s sent to MIA have been quite filthy with dirty toilets and hairs all over the seats while I have had many rude, incredibly obnoxious crews... some beyond unprofessional being so lazy as to not take the time to collect glassware before landing and then have broken pieces on the floor as the aircraft landed in MIA.
You have mentioned this (based on one specific single experience) at least 10 times on this forum. It's okay, we got it, you had a bad flight
Old Dec 27, 2015, 8:27 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
That is a quite serious incident and, whilst I'm absolutely not doubting what you're saying, next time you could perhaps report date & flight number not only because chances are that other FTers were on-board and may be able to confirm whether that was the case in the entire cabin but also because some people from AZ could be reading the forum and do something about it.

G
It was AZ719 on November 2nd. At the time I was thinking to report it, though eventually didn't get around doing it.

I was seated at 6C. Across the isle at 5D there was a little girl with a coloring book, tray table down. She happily kept on coloring through touchdown. On my row, across the isle at 6F was a guy sleeping with his table down - he woke up upon touchdown while the (empty) cup on his table fell over. My conclusion was that they skipped the check completely because a. I didn't notice any, and b. they would/should have woken up the guy on my row.

Originally Posted by raistlin
It's actually so serious I honestly doubt it.
Well...thanks for your trust I guess?

Last edited by Xandrios; Dec 28, 2015 at 7:52 am
Old Dec 28, 2015, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FCO36
The FAs kept talking to each others during boarding not really acknowledging the passengers. No pre departure drinks, no magazine offered. Just like the good old times.
I feel it's all a bit of hit-&-miss at present: the crew attending the few flights I was on over Christmas (days before and just after) probably felt like the only people working over the festive period and were perhaps waiting for each single passenger to say "Poor you, guys"...

G
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT

Economy Class

[From alitalia.com/it]

Re-introduction of alcoholic drinks (beer & wine);
Revised offering on flights over 3 hours: the tray will contain a sandwich and a piece of cake, without the individually wrapped food/fruit bowls.

G
Wait. That doesn't exactly sound like an improvment. Does it apply also to intercontinental flights? Has anybody been on AZ intercontinental economy lately?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Dominikkk
Wait. That doesn't exactly sound like an improvment. Does it apply also to intercontinental flights? Has anybody been on AZ intercontinental economy lately?
Calm down. It's only for medium haul. Long haul is precisely the same as ever.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Well...thanks for your trust I guess?

Not to defend raistlin but at first I thought you were referring to the safety briefing before departure (I experienced that on Skyteam but not on AZ) and that is indeed a serious occurrence.
Safety checks on approach (and prior takeoff) need our cooperation first.
What you report happens across all airlines.

Back to topic.
LCY-LIN and FCO-LHR flown on Y
I appreciated the new in flight service, finally aligned to the one offered by BA and LH.
Lounges in LIN and FCO
I would appreciate to have access to water at LIN without asking for it at the bar.
Good catering improvement at Giotto (FCO), drink selection reduced but I cannot comment much for I drink water only. Desserts were not available (though listed) but I did not miss them.
WiFi is decent and a hook in the toilet would be nice.

Ciao and Happy New Year
Ulxima
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raistlin
Calm down.

G
Old Mar 12, 2016, 2:09 pm

AZ 12:40 flight

to FCO, so 2hrs 5min. Is there a meal service in BC?
Old Mar 13, 2016, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PaulaJK
to FCO, so 2hrs 5min. Is there a meal service in BC?
There is, yes.

G
Old Mar 13, 2016, 2:34 pm

G, Thank you for your reply.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Re-cycling a fairly dated thread to say that, from this coming Wednesday, the catering service in economy will revert back to sweet or savoury (snack-bite size bag), following the removal of beer & wine from the trolley a couple of months back. That aside, I'm still very happy with the service at the front of the bus - just had a lovely meal on the lunch time WAW-FCO service

G
Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
Re-cycling a fairly dated thread to say that, from this coming Wednesday, the catering service in economy will revert back to sweet or savoury (snack-bite size bag), following the removal of beer & wine from the trolley a couple of months back. That aside, I'm still very happy with the service at the front of the bus - just had a lovely meal on the lunch time WAW-FCO service

G
I must say I am not as happy as you are. This is what I had from LHR on a late afternoon in November. I'm glad I had lunch at the EY Lounge (and a free 15mn massage ). This is exactly what I had on FCO-MLA (flight time 1 hour) in September. Service was like the good old time. No interaction with passengers, not very polished CC. It made me regret BA infamous afternoon tea.

Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:15 am

G
That looks exactly like what I got on AMS-FCO late last year (departure around 6PM)
Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FCO36
It made me regret BA infamous afternoon tea.
Was it that bad?

This is a recent brunch on a ~2 hours flight and I found it much better than the mediocre salami/ham/cheese platter you normally get on BA -

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.