Wiki Posts
Search

Tight interline connection in Rome AZ to SK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs

I have a flight in November with a tight connection in Rome. The AZ flight arrives at 13:05 and the SK flight departs at 14:50.

I have the option to take carry-on only or check a bag. Does AZ interline baggage to SK? Would you advise an interline checked bag with this tight connection in Rome?

How do I get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 most efficiently? Is there an airside transfer?

PS: Someone else bought the ticket.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:56 pm

Very easy, and not at all tight. I assume you arrive with a domestic or Schengen AZ flight (Term 1) so the only thing you'd have to do is walk, airside, the ~300 metres to the D Gates. Checking your bag is a different story. Yes, they interline, but there are many people who don't trust the luggage transfer and suggest, if possible, carry-on only. I personally have never lost anything at FCO, but you have to know what people say...
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:15 am
Original Poster

I feel so much better, thanks.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 11:32 pm

Let me make you a tiny bit less comfortable. I just saw that you're based in LA, and since the AZ flight from LAX arrives at FCO at about the time indicated, some more info:

If you do arrive from LAX, you'll be arriving by bus or train at Term 3, and you'll be departing from the same terminal. Follow the signs to connecting flights. You'd also have to go through immigration, thus you'd have to add at least 30 minutes for all of the above. Assuming no delays, you'll still have plenty of time left. Walking to the D Gates located at the end of Term 3 will be about the same distance (5-10 min.) as from Term 1. But if this is the case, i.e. flying a TATL into FCO, I'd rather not check luggage, the risk of it missing the connection is much higher.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
Let me make you a tiny bit less comfortable. I just saw that you're based in LA, and since the AZ flight from LAX arrives at FCO at about the time indicated, some more info:

If you do arrive from LAX, you'll be arriving by bus or train at Term 3, and you'll be departing from the same terminal. Follow the signs to connecting flights. You'd also have to go through immigration, thus you'd have to add at least 30 minutes for all of the above. Assuming no delays, you'll still have plenty of time left. Walking to the D Gates located at the end of Term 3 will be about the same distance (5-10 min.) as from Term 1. But if this is the case, i.e. flying a TATL into FCO, I'd rather not check luggage, the risk of it missing the connection is much higher.
There are no direct flights between LAX & FCO at that time of year.

G
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
Let me make you a tiny bit less comfortable. I just saw that you're based in LA, and since the AZ flight from LAX arrives at FCO at about the time indicated,

Actually, I'll be flying in from Catania (CTA) connecting to an SAS flight to CPH.

But, thanks for noticing I'm in Los Angeles. I should have made it clear in my OP that I am flying in from Catania.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:27 am

OK then, forget my second post and keep on feeling comfortable with my first answer!
Old Oct 4, 2015, 7:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you have a ticket CTA-CPH with a connection at FCO, there must be an interline agreement and your bags will be interlined if you wish. That is the essence of the an interline agreement for the ticket sale in the first place.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone. I feel MUCH better now.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Follow up:

I did the flights and transfer today. It was unbelievably easy. The corridor between the terminals was airside, with a moving sidewalk. I sat at the departure gate for about a half hour, just waiting.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Also, yes they interlined my checked bag and yes it arrived in CPH. No problem.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
Follow up:

I did the flights and transfer today. It was unbelievably easy. The corridor between the terminals was airside, with a moving sidewalk. I sat at the departure gate for about a half hour, just waiting.
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
Also, yes they interlined my checked bag and yes it arrived in CPH. No problem.
Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear it was all plain sailing ^

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.