transit time via FCO (AMS-FCO-BEY)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:40 am
yno
Original Poster

Programs: FB, Accor, Marriot
transit time via FCO (AMS-FCO-BEY)

Hi,

we're attempting a booking on 23 December from AMS to BEY via FCO.
One of the options they offer gives only 1h10 to change in FCO.

Does this seem do-able (we fly a lot, but we're flying with our baby who already has also flown quite a lot)

thanks for your help :-)
Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:27 am

In normal circumstances, this would be a more than acceptable connection. Again, in normal circumstances, it is also unlikely that the aircraft operating your AMS-FCO flight would incur in particularly heavy delays as this aircraft would normally only operate the first AMS flight out of FCO in the morning, leaving no room for delays incurred during previous rotations.

G
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
In normal circumstances, this would be a more than acceptable connection. Again, in normal circumstances, it is also unlikely that the aircraft operating your AMS-FCO flight would incur in particularly heavy delays as this aircraft would normally only operate the first AMS flight out of FCO in the morning, leaving no room for delays incurred during previous rotations.

G
Yes, do-able, and yes, small chances of a delay. But Dec 23 is a relatively heavy traffic day, and weather at Amsterdam could easily be the cause of a short delay. This, plus the baby that prevents one from "running" from Terminal 1 to 3 and having to go through immigration makes it sort of risky. Personally, I would try to find an alternative.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I would say it will be tight with a baby without any delays. With delays at AMS impossible. Do you have contingency planning and have you checked possible re-routing options if you get stuck at FCO?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:17 am

That would be the last flight of the day to BEY so, in case of disruption, the OP would get either re-routed via ATH later in the evening or fly direct the following day on ME metal. Needless to say, these options would not be particularly welcome, especially when travelling with a baby! [Not to consider that, even on the following day and with the festive traffic, there might not even be space on the direct flight].

G
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
That would be the last flight of the day to BEY so, in case of disruption, the OP would get either re-routed via ATH later in the evening or fly direct the following day on ME metal. Needless to say, these options would not be particularly welcome, especially when travelling with a baby! [Not to consider that, even on the following day and with the festive traffic, there might not even be space on the direct flight].

G
Yes, you are quite right that the festive nature of the travel plans means almost certainly the flights will be full or near full and space for 2/3 people might not be available. If I were OP I would look at what other options are there (RJ via AMM, AF/MEA via CDG, LH via FRA) - these all seem more reasonable(maybe not CDG) and better connection times, though an earlier start.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Yes, you are quite right that the festive nature of the travel plans means almost certainly the flights will be full or near full and space for 2/3 people might not be available. If I were OP I would look at what other options are there (RJ via AMM, AF/MEA via CDG, LH via FRA) - these all seem more reasonable(maybe not CDG) and better connection times, though an earlier start.
AZ website offers a couple of alternative solutions involving longer transit times on the very same day: 9:55AM flight (operated by KL) as opposed to the 12:20PM service, for instance. Perhaps even the 6:50AM to FCO would be worth considering.

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.