Wiki Posts
Search

Forest fire causes havoc at FCO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Forest fire causes havoc at FCO

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...-terminal.html

Up to 5 hours delay for some flights (e.g. GRU) tonight.

G
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

In the meantime, in an interview with the Italian press, Silvano Cassano (AZ's CEO) clearly says that the airline will be relocating elsewhere (MXP?) if there will not be improvements in terms of infrastructure at FCO airport.

[It's that time of year where the airport clearly doesn't seem to cope with the peak-season traffic and Mr Cassano is evidently (and rightly so) frustrated by yet another fiasco, which is obviously costing the airline quite a bit of €s...].

G
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I am not surprised he is upset, seems like everything is against AZ at FCO. First the terminal fire, then this, plus the longest impossible connections and bad departure terminals/halls.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
...plus the longest impossible connections and bad departure terminals/halls.
I agree that non-Schengen to Schengen is not short, but certainly much, much faster that places such as FRA, CDG, JFK, LHR to name a few.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
non-Schengen to Schengen at JFK and LHR?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
non-Schengen to Schengen at JFK and LHR?
I meant a non-Schengen to Schengen connection at FCO (i.e. longest transfer route) is certainly not much longer than many standard transfers at the airports I mentioned as examples, and certainly many more in the world.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.