Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millemiglia young

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Millemiglia young

Does anyone know how to do the millemiglia young ?? I join the millemiglia program, I want to upgrade it into the young program. How does it work?? through the website seems not working....
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
Originally Posted by Francive
Does anyone know how to do the millemiglia young ?? I join the millemiglia program, I want to upgrade it into the young program. How does it work?? through the website seems not working....
Alitalia's website never works well, welcome to the club!
Alitalia young is very similar to the regular Millemiglia except for a number of added benefits:
1. extra 50% bonus on miles flown.
2. Miles back - whenever you use your miles for Alitalia award tickets you will get a 20% return.

Once you turn 26 (or 25 I can't remember to be honest) you will automatically be switched back to the regular Millemiglia.
it's really a great program for anyone of that age flying a lot, I guess Alitalia is trying to catch us while we are young and status-less

I doubt you will be able to do it online, as far as I know you can only register to the young program online in the process of registering for Millemiglia, if you need to change your regular account to a young account you should contact Alitalia's customer service and provide them a proof of identity/age.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TLVtraveler
Alitalia's website never works well, welcome to the club!
Alitalia young is very similar to the regular Millemiglia except for a number of added benefits:
1. extra 50% bonus on miles flown.
2. Miles back - whenever you use your miles for Alitalia award tickets you will get a 20% return.

Once you turn 26 (or 25 I can't remember to be honest) you will automatically be switched back to the regular Millemiglia.
it's really a great program for anyone of that age flying a lot, I guess Alitalia is trying to catch us while we are young and status-less

I doubt you will be able to do it online, as far as I know you can only register to the young program online in the process of registering for Millemiglia, if you need to change your regular account to a young account you should contact Alitalia's customer service and provide them a proof of identity/age.
Thank you !!
I will call them, because online is not possible to do it...
I will turn 26 in november 2015, but since then I can double my miles hopefully... let's see
thanks
Old Jul 19, 2015, 2:55 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Status for young members

I'm piggy-backing on this thread.

Does a 'young' member earn status in the normal program like all other memberss? ie is the young program an add-on which has some award-miles-perks but in all other respects behaves just like the main program?
Old Jul 19, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
Originally Posted by intuition
I'm piggy-backing on this thread.

Does a 'young' member earn status in the normal program like all other memberss? ie is the young program an add-on which has some award-miles-perks but in all other respects behaves just like the main program?
I'm not sure, but it's an interesting question, especially from a bonus miles earning point: for example can someone earn both the young 50% bonus and elite bonus? I just tweeted Alitalia for you and will update back when I get an answer.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 2:23 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
OK, will be interesting to hear back.

I found a FAQ-section where this is mentioned.
I Soci MilleMiglia Young possono anche accedere ai Club Esclusivi?
Si. I Soci Young sono prima di tutto Soci del Programma MilleMiglia, quindi oltre ad approfittare dei vantaggi firmati MilleMiglia Young continueranno ad avere tutti i privilegi del Club di appartenenza.
This seems to pretty clearly state that Young membership indeed is an add-on and that status is earned normally.
Not sure if tier bonus and young bonus is stackable, so it still is interesting to hear if they come back with an official answer.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: LH M/M - FB Plat
Hi everybody !
I'm a new member of MM Young program and I wanted to know whether or not, it would be possible to combine Freccia Alata and Young, and if it were possible to have both bonus ?

Thanks !
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:35 pm

Alitalia never gave me a clear answer... but according to intuition it should be possible.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:48 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Yes, from reading the FAQ they published (which I quoted in post#6) it seems at least possible to achieve status.
Try Google translate of post 6

It is unclear if you will recieve bonus from Freccia Alata on top of young though. I doubt they are stackable, since young bonus is presented as a table (not a factor). So far no one with experience has chimed in, so I guess jules67500 can be the first to try and report back here.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: LH M/M - FB Plat
I think I won't be able to achieve status for the moment intuition ^^
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:12 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
I've just requested my status match from BA Silver to Alta, and registered under the Young programme. I shall let you all know if the bonus miles are indeed stackable!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: NK - Somebody
Would be interested in that too!
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Reporting back! I've completed my first two segments of a four segment trip and recieved both the Young bonus and the FA bonus.

However I cannot for the life of me understand why I was awarded with 375+150+150 for each segment and how I've somehow got an extra 2000 miles in my account?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by BA0197
and how I've somehow got an extra 2000 miles in my account?

Last edited by irishguy28; Sep 21, 2015 at 7:47 am
Old Jan 7, 2016, 4:58 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Bumping this thread

I foolishly didn't click "join millemiglia young" when I registered, but afterwards I saw the option to "join" when I logged on for the first time in my profile. If I check it, does it count as "joined"? Does the card or website look different than a regular adult one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.