Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new website? rejoice... it's worse than ever

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
new website features? thanks, but...

Edit: After around 6 hours a few of these new features are finally working. I do not change my opinion: is it so difficult to have a tool that works on first try instead of going live and wait for issues to fix themselves? but at least, hey, now I can claim my missing miles.

ok so I logged just a few minutes ago on the alitalia.com website (admittedly from a tablet and a smartphone, cannot try from a windows machine as of now).

Now I get an interesting layout that should make the various membership pages (miles list, status, request miles...) easier to access.

so far so good, too bad that:
the new pages open in overlay (the tablet fails to show the contents and does not allow to scroll down. if you try, the page in the background will scroll instead)
clicking on the miles gained page from the tablet I get redirected to the login page that redirects me to the home page in a perpetual loop
clicking on the same page on the smartphone opens the correct page but there is no history, only the total miles vs spent miles
my status is reported as CFA which is the status I gained for next year, while I am CFP now - no big deal but still one more mistake

way to go alitalia! I sure hope mr. Hogan burns your IT dept down. I thought you already reached the bottom of the barrel with the smartphone app but you're digging with an auger now.

if that can matter I used both apple and samsung stuff.

am I the only one? I remember this layout quickly appeared a couple of weeks ago for around 20 seconds and was promptly taken offline, I guess they felt they tested it this time.

/rant over

edit:
update1 - ok I am not even CFA next year yet, I am 1500 miles short. Therefore the logo is picked at random probably since it is the only one that should not appear
update 2 - yes I know the overlay crap is already existing for the Clubs page but how often does one check the benefits of its club vs the times one does check the earned miles?

Last edited by straniero; Jul 24, 2014 at 11:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.