Wiki Posts
Search

Skip last leg of flight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2014, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Question Skip last leg of flight

Hello,

I'm sure this has been asked but I want to make sure. I am planning a trip from Kuwait to Geneva, stopping in Abu Dhabi and Rome flying Alitalia and Darwin Airlines. We would like to stay in Rome and take the train around Italy, ending in Geneva to fly back home. Is it possible to miss the last flight from Rome to Geneva without any problems? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Welcome to FT!

If this is purchased as a round trip, all flights after the one you skip will be cancelled.

If you purchased two one way tickets, you can do this, but you luggage may be checked all the way to Geneva. I'm not sure if you would be able to pick it up in Rome when you enter the EU.

Search for "hidden city ticketing" for many threads about this.

We can give you better advice if we know whether tis is round trip, two one ways, or even two separate trips on Alitalia, then Darwin.

Safe Travels,

Doc
Old Jul 5, 2014, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Hi Doc,

It is round trip, Kuwait, Abu Dhabi, Rome, Geneva. We would like to stop in Rome only going but I really don't want my return flights to be cancelled. Is there any way I can do it?
Old Jul 5, 2014, 9:16 pm

A simple way: Get a Kuwait-Rome return ticket and a separate one, one way ticket GVA-FCO. By the way, Darwin is now called Etihad Regional.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 11:41 pm
Suspended

Cool

Originally Posted by KLouis
A simple way: Get a Kuwait-Rome return ticket and a separate one, one way ticket GVA-FCO. By the way, Darwin is now called Etihad Regional.
This is the way to do it, but it sounds like the tickets are already bought. If already bought as a round trip, if you skip th FCO-GVA flight, al your return flights will be cancelled. If you haven't bought yet, do what KLouis recommends.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

We already purchased the tickets. What happens if one misses the plane, do they still lose the return trip? Is there no way to get it reinstated?
Old Jul 6, 2014, 5:14 pm
Suspended

You lose the return trip.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

OK, thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.