Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change Flight with Alitalia

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2014, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Change Flight with Alitalia

I have a code shared AZ / EY flight I need to change. Before I call AZ I would like to know the cost of changing the return flight in the same class bracket. If there is a charge to split the PNR. Can I change the ticket to return a year later from the departure date. Thanks.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:39 am

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Welcome to Flyer Talk.

I suggest you to use viewtrip . com and enter your details as requested.
From there you can access the details of your ticket fare(s).

Is it a full flex business class ( ), no problem .... an "use it or loose it " cheap economy ( ) no luck.
And anything in between will have different shades of pain/fees.

Even if the travel class is the same one, Alitalia charges at 60 EUR of penalty fee (value based on an intra Europe flight)

Can I change the ticket to return a year later from the departure date?
It depends from the fare class but I'll not hold the breath...
Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:27 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.0.1803 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Tickets have a 1 year validity from when they have been issued, so in general your last request (unless it's a fully refundable fare, which seems unlikely) will be hard no matter the airline.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by raistlin
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.0.1803 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Tickets have a 1 year validity from when they have been issued, so in general your last request (unless it's a fully refundable fare, which seems unlikely) will be hard no matter the airline.
I was recently reading a debate here on FT (perhaps not on this sub forum) where it was concluded the norm was 1 year from the date of first travel, not one year from date of issue?

Is Alitalia different in this respect?
Old Feb 16, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by ft101
I was recently reading a debate here on FT (perhaps not on this sub forum) where it was concluded the norm was 1 year from the date of first travel, not one year from date of issue?

Is Alitalia different in this respect?
Ah, I always thought it was from the date of the issue, but I have no hard data on that so you may be right.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Ah, I always thought it was from the date of the issue, but I have no hard data on that so you may be right.
Correct, 1 year from Date of issue.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Correct, 1 year from Date of issue.
I have just checked the Conditions of Carriage of a few airlines, one USA, one Europe, one Middle East and one Far East, as well as Alitalia.

All have similar terms of validity which indicate:

a) one year from date of issue

OR

b) one year from the date of travel of the first leg, subject to that being within one year of issue.

Based on this I would say the OP should indeed be able to change the validity of his/her ticket as desired.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

In the majority of the cases it is 1 year from the date departure date. I have never come across from date of issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.