Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-FCO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 1:02 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Platinum
I did the direct LAX->FCO flight a few months ago (the LAX/FCO direct is seasonal, I think only May-October) on the upgraded 777-200's and they are NICE. I had flown the same route a year earlier when they were still the dumpy old planes.

The Classica Plus is worth the extra bucks: it's a long flight and the legroom - while not nearly what you get in Magnifica - is like being in emergency exit row seats. And the slight separation from regular economy class is nice: it feels like you're slightly sheltered from the madness and chaos of coach. I was actually fliying Magnifica on this most recent flight, but because you get to board early I checked out Classica Plus just to see what it's like. Beats coach, definitely.

Magnifica? The nicest biz class I've ever flown: beats Delta's, Air France & KLM's (altho I haven't done the Delta 767-400's yet - just 767-300ER). THey have these gorgeous pod seats, and if you're flying by yourself you can get one of the single seats by the window. It actually made me look forward to the flight. So comfortable.

Happy travels!

Kirby
Old Mar 20, 2013, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by EastcoasterWestcoaster
Magnifica? The nicest biz class I've ever flown: beats Delta's, Air France & KLM's (altho I haven't done the Delta 767-400's yet - just 767-300ER). THey have these gorgeous pod seats, and if you're flying by yourself you can get one of the single seats by the window. It actually made me look forward to the flight. So comfortable.
I can confirm it beats the DL 764 too. It is indeed an excellent product once you are in the air. The problem with AZ is the back office: shambolic whenever a problem occurs, rubbish customer service, incapacity to fix any problem online, on the phone, or in person alike. But if all goes well and you get onboard your plane when and where you are supposed to, then the onboard product in J is nothing short of excellent.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 1:58 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
LAX-FCO

Concur 100% with orbitmic adding also the Negative state of AZ lounges. They really need to invest @ FCO
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Gold
Does anyone know how early I can check in at the airport for the LAX>FCO flight? I'm hoping to go super early and snag a Classica Plus or bulk head or exit row seat in economy. They're all full or on airport hold at the moment - even though I am Gold on Delta Currently in 20A on the 772 next week.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.