Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Does AZ use AF's PNR now? Can one select Z seats on AZ Site?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2013, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I am on the phone with DL agent now. All I wanted is the AZ PNR so I can call AZ or go onto AZ website to get seat assignment.

The DL agent seems to have a hard time locate AZ's PNR on a DL award we booked that AZ is the first and the last leg of the trip MIA-FCO and FCO-MIA, booking class Z in business.

At first she thought it was the AF PNR but she could not get into AZ system with the AF PNR to look up my trip... though the trip was ticketed weeks before X'mas holiday. Both AF and DL sites show everything is confirmed.

Now she finally came back with a 6 Alpha-Numeric PNR. Hopefully this is the one that works.

Do we have the ability to do seat assignment using the PNR to pull up the reservation? I do not see a function similar to the "Review my trip" type that is on AF.

EDIT:

One pull up the reservation on the Italian site, but apparently there is no ability to select seats which still requires to phone in to get seat assignment.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 6, 2013 at 3:02 pm
Old Jan 9, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Happy
One pull up the reservation on the Italian site, but apparently there is no ability to select seats which still requires to phone in to get seat assignment.
Precisely so. That function just isn't there.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

This is what I got - MIA-FCO, 2A and 3C. FCO-MIA same.

Agent insisted the only 2 seats side by side is at Row 7, all taken, for travel in Jul/Aug...

I would rather sit closer to the front than near the back of the biz section.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.