Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

AZ don't respect Passenger rights EC N°261/2004

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nice Airport Premier Plat, Flying Blue Platinum (Skyteam E+), Le Club Accor Plat

AZ don't respect the European Legislation,
I finally won against Alitalia, attached a copy of the judgment (sorry for the quality)

Old Dec 21, 2012, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Wow, you! Congratulations that you won against them! Well done ^
Old Dec 22, 2012, 1:37 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Excellent. Congratulations. They must learb some basic respect for customers
Old Dec 22, 2012, 9:03 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Congratulations....but for us people that do not speak French, what was the case about?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nice Airport Premier Plat, Flying Blue Platinum (Skyteam E+), Le Club Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Congratulations....but for us people that do not speak French, what was the case about?
Alitalia is sentenced to pay 400 euros under EU law.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by NickoSnow
Alitalia is sentenced to pay 400 euros under EU law.
Am I mistaken or this is a default judgement, i.e. the airline didn't even bother to show up in court?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raistlin
Am I mistaken or this is a default judgement, i.e. the airline didn't even bother to show up in court?
Indeed, Alitalia has not presented. Anyway Alitalia tried to pay me a few days before the judgment

it is easier for Alitalia to not refund customers, not many customers go to courthouse
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:44 pm

Is it due to PROMOJP code, right?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 1:12 am

No, it's a standard issue. Nothing's going to happen about the JP code.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Plat
Thanks for posting, very interesting !

And now ? Practically speaking, what's the next step ? Any sign Alitalia is going to spontaneously send you the 400 Euros ? Or maybe already did ?

Thanks for keeping us informed.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:07 am
Original Poster

I just received a call from a manager France Alitalia who apologized and told me that I would receive very quickly payment. He told me that customer service was reorganized Alitalia last few months and that it would improve.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:50 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BA Silver, HHonors Gold, LeClub Accor Plat., Veteran of the EK Shower
We ll nothing has improved yet - and especially not with PROMOJP tickets

had a friend over from Vietnam studying in the US who booked a PROMOJP tix to NYC for returning there on 9. January as his Visa was running out that day. Flight ZRH-fco got cancelled and we first called the stupid Albanian call center already on the 8th to get him rebooked as his Visa ran out!

They said they can only rebook him on alitalia (which according to 261/2004 is wrongg!) and only offered to take the evening flight to rome to get out of Switzerland - however albanians did not notice switzerland is schengen and there are no 10pm flights to nyc from rome. Only 10 January was offered instead.

But they always went on music and said they gonna do something but alwas came back with stupid ideas isntead of resolving the îssue.

At the airport there is only CGD ticketpoint taking care of Alitalia and they do not even have an Alitalia system (they always say we ll have it in a week since december). CGS puts you through to the hotline who tell u them same stuff again. So u got no chance - better have flexible plans with Alitalia!

Think he now has some compensation due and he ll claim it via EU claim. (Or am I wriong)

In the end Swiss authorities granted a 1 day extension of his visa under emergency and he went on the 10th.

So do not see the "improvement here"

They just chance it! 97% will just take it as is and not sue or claim anything. BUT - and that is the part they forget - never book an Alitalia ticket again - this is the smooth way to bancruptcy
Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kiez
which according to 261/2004 is wrongg!
I do not think that you can assert that with certainty. The Reg speaks of re-routing "at the earliest opportunity" but does not make it clear if it is re-routing at the earliest opportunity on the same carrier or any carrier. There will be room for debate here until we have an ECJ statement to clarify the matter for good.

It is also my experience that most other (European) airline call centres would have offered a reroute on the airlines' services (By contrast, airport agents dealing with live irrops often have more flexibility to reroute on other carriers).
Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
We ll nothing has improved yet - and especially not with PROMOJP tickets
Which has been booked taking advantage of a glitch. As such, it is quite normal for an airline to make your life painful if anything goes wrong with it.

Not justifying it, just saying it's quite common.

They said they can only rebook him on alitalia (which according to 261/2004 is wrongg!)
This is what most airlines in Europe will try to do, FYI. At most, they will book you on a partner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.