Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

AZ Call centers - so unbelievable unprofessional

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AZ Call centers - so unbelievable unprofessional

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
yeah! consider that the AZ Call center is so ....*y because az use to subcontract their c.c. services to an external company with the highest rate of ignorance, incompetence, arrogance ever.

I'm still waiting a refund of 60€ for an additional luggage i've bought from alitalia, but didn't flown the flight + airport taxes for the flight not flown; i've sent them: 4 emails, 3 faxes, 19 calls, but STILL waiting for refund.
Just call your credit card company and dispute the charge. I did that with a United Airlines refundable ticket that didn't get refunded like it was supposed to and what do you know?! Next month's statement there was a refund. Magic!
Old Apr 2, 2013, 5:28 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by NYTA
Just call your credit card company and dispute the charge. I did that with a United Airlines refundable ticket that didn't get refunded like it was supposed to and what do you know?! Next month's statement there was a refund. Magic!
i know, I've already thought about it, but....
here in EU is not easy as in the US to make a credit card dispute, because in Europe you can do that only if there's a fraudolent use of the card or a wrong charge (e.g. 1000€ instead 100€), usually not for a service correctly purchased and payed then not corresponding to what was desired...
Old Apr 3, 2013, 3:52 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
that's incredible!
called yesterday AZ to have some info about a 100$ refund ( I'm waiting for it from over 45 days!); after 4 faxes, 8 emails, dozen calls, they replied me in a irritated way: "we have refunded the 100$ on your mastercard on 28/03..." , so i was really surprised!
after the AZ call, i called my bank to verify it: NOTHING!

and it does not require time to have the money available because as my mastercard T&C,all refunds are processed within 24h!

so i've to desume that they replied so, because they did not have any info about the reason why the refund wasn't processed yet!

No words!
Old Apr 10, 2013, 12:06 pm

after some others calls (with charge back threat, i received back on my cc the 100$)

still waiting for the tax refund. maybe other 2 months?!
Old Apr 27, 2013, 3:57 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
US call center ?!

IS there no longer a US call center number? Where on the AZ website can I find the phone numbers for foreign call centers?
Old Apr 27, 2013, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
IS there no longer a US call center number? Where on the AZ website can I find the phone numbers for foreign call centers?
not so complicated to find (it's on the homepage!)

From United States 001 800 223 5730
Old Jun 26, 2013, 4:21 pm

I want to share with you the last incredible issue i had with AZ and its policy;

On Feb. 2013 I've formally submitted a request for tax refund for a non flown return flight: well, after at least 25 calls to the AZ customer service, with various discussions about the refunding method used by AZ to refund taxes (not the YQ/YR, only airport charges like security taxes, etc.) I've been called back 20 days ago, where an AZ representative informed me that AZ processed my request (4 months?!) and they were going to proceed to make the refund via credit card.
Initially we were talking about 50-70€ but after some adjustments (don't ask me which ones are involved!), they decided to refundo only 32,15€ (that's better than nothing!).
The first crazy thing happened when yesterday i tried to call AZ customer service and.... due to a dysfunction of their IT system, the line dropped down 3 times: this means that i've been called back 8 times for the automatic customer service quality interview (I was very angry, because the AZ's IT system called me untill 11pm....!).

But the most incredible thing i discovered today is: I called AZ at 4pm, after 10 minutes waiting in line, i discovered that the refund has been denied 19 days ago (what?!), after some investigation the AZ representative told me that AZ has introduced an administrative fee when someone ask a refund, this fee amounts to 20€.........!
I've asked explainations about the fact that i was waiting for a 32,15€ refund, and AZ asks me 20€ for an administrative fee. After my disappointment, I accepted and decided to proceed, thinking about the fact AZ deducts the 20€ administrative fee from the 32,15€................

N O !

About AZ policy i should had to pay 20€ via credit card ( a separate transaction), and within 30-60 days, i should have back my 32,15€...

At the end I gave up, because this is so incredible and so unprofessional, and i would think that this is a trick used by AZ to discourage customer to ask a refund.

At the end i can say:
AZ is ok for flight quality (good aircrafts, good in flight service on long haul flights)
but..nothing more, i mean..if you have any issue about refund/compensation/etc. ,well, it's your end!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
About AZ policy i should had to pay 20€ via credit card ( a separate transaction), and within 30-60 days, i should have back my 32,15€...
That is, indeed, their policy. Horrible. Another excellent reason to book exclusively via a travel agent.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by raistlin
That is, indeed, their policy. Horrible. Another excellent reason to book exclusively via a travel agent.
sure ! ^

but a travel agent doesn't allow you to tricjk AZ fares
Old Oct 1, 2014, 6:43 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
AZ call center for the USA number is unbelievably rude. I'm talking arrogance + attitude that would cause me to fire such an employee on the spot if that employee was in my company. As in "Security, please physically eject this employee from the building." Congratulations, rude employee. The ground and flight staff would be hard pressed to make me excuse how unprofessional and rude you were on the phone. Unlike those you assume to have as your captive audience, I've the freedom to choose other airlines. It is very unlikely I'll choose Alitalia.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:01 pm

I would avoid Alitalia like the plague and fly on Lufthansa or some other carrier. Seems like they are paid to lie or not give you the right information.

Why can't they just close business. I hope their entire airline folds and a new Italian Carrier comes about with better service.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff
AZ call center for the USA number is unbelievably rude. I'm talking arrogance + attitude that would cause me to fire such an employee on the spot if that employee was in my company. As in "Security, please physically eject this employee from the building." Congratulations, rude employee. The ground and flight staff would be hard pressed to make me excuse how unprofessional and rude you were on the phone. Unlike those you assume to have as your captive audience, I've the freedom to choose other airlines. It is very unlikely I'll choose Alitalia.
Very, very informative post!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by danielonn
I would avoid Alitalia like the plague and fly on Lufthansa or some other carrier. Seems like they are paid to lie or not give you the right information.

Why can't they just close business. I hope their entire airline folds and a new Italian Carrier comes about with better service.
AZ has been a huge mess for decades now...
Old Oct 25, 2014, 6:55 pm

{Quote remove by Moderator, since referencing post is now gone}

I can confirm that the AZ customer service from the call center is lousy, regardless of if you're in J or Y. I have flown AZ in J on paid full fare tickets and had nothing but problems with them. They were rude, ignorant and condescending. However, i have gone back to fly with them because the inflight experience is so fantastic. A shame, really.

Last edited by Moderator2; Nov 3, 2014 at 7:25 am
Old Oct 26, 2014, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
I can confirm that the AZ customer service from the call center is lousy, regardless of if you're in J or Y. I have flown AZ in J on paid full fare tickets and had nothing but problems with them. They were rude, ignorant and condescending. However, i have gone back to fly with them because the inflight experience is so fantastic. A shame, really.
AZ outsources it customer service to a third company. The biggest absurdity is that the F/J product is one of the best but the customer service is one of the worst I ever seen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.