Wiki Posts
Search

AZ9900 to GDN?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:26 am
Original Poster

AZ9900 to GDN?

Dear FlyerTalkers,

I see an unusual flight now, AZ9900 from FCO-GDN (using I-BIKI).

Anyone have any ideas what this could be?

I have a friend in Gdańsk who just wrote to me saying they saw an Alitalia plane overhead, yet Alitalia never flies there.

Just curious! Thank you!
fifty_two likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 1:21 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Hi

very interesting question , i can help you . As you guessed there is a reason , so by looking at data such as
  • carrier
  • origin and destination
  • the news of destination city/area around flight's period
you can extrapolate and find what is going on and in this case , very simple , its due to a football match , the italian squadra azzura playing away match in gdansk against poland in the UEFA nations league

https://www.uefa.com/uefanationsleag...land-vs-italy/

when you see such unusual high number (9900) used as flight code for a passenger airline, it is usually for special flights , which are not sold or not available through regular channels , like repatriation flights , cargo , aircraft delivery , trainings , aircraft's storage or maintenance , charters organized by tour operators, flights for VIP , and so on ....

Download the flightradar24 app on your mobile phone and when you have free time , "travel over the world" and take a look at some flights to random places, you will sometimes see some of them , like AZ9900

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/az9900

Last edited by fifty_two; Oct 13, 2020 at 3:14 am
Old Oct 17, 2020, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Dear fifty_two,

I want to thank you SO much for your incredibly informative and helpful reply! I appreciate it so much and learned a lot from you.

Thank you ))

I wish you a wonderful and safe weekend!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.