Wiki Posts
Search

Business on Airbus a321

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT FPC PLAT
Business on Airbus a321

I am looking to use miles for a ticket going from TLV-FCO on March 11 and was looking at the seat map. It looks just like coach.

Is it better than coach? Seatguru shows the plane as all coach?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:01 pm

The difference is in catering, middle seat blocked, 300% miles (but not for award) and airport benefits (lounge, luggage, etc.). Seats are basically the same, although legroom near the front of the plane tends to be better - you can get it in economy too.

Generally I would only use miles on long haul Y or J.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:54 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
I used Business a few months ago LIN-LHR and the catering was not bad, for a two hours flight: a warm omelette, ham, an olive-mozzarella-tomato trio, hot bread and focaccia; sparkling wine and coffee.

As bungler said, the middle seat is kept empty and there is a bit more legroom; however, I agree on using miles only for long haul flights, I think a short haul doesn't give enough time to enjoy the benefits of Business (on board).

Unless of course you have tens of thousands of miles and don't know how to use them...
Old Feb 2, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by bungler
The difference is in catering, middle seat blocked, 300% miles (but not for award) and airport benefits (lounge, luggage, etc.). Seats are basically the same, although legroom near the front of the plane tends to be better - you can get it in economy too.

Generally I would only use miles on long haul Y or J.
+1 on every single word

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.