Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GRU-FCO in Magnifica?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2011, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
GRU-FCO in Magnifica?

Has anyone flown this route lately? AZ shows a 772...how are the C seats?
Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2011, 3:19 am

Still the old seats which are not the top of the AZ fleet, in fact the B777 fleet will be refurbished within the start of the next summer season to install the new flat-bed type ones. Service should be of the now-usual high quality however.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 6:01 am

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by bungler
the start of the next summer season
I remember this Autumn/Winter
Old Aug 14, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Lie flat seats on 777 that I find perfectly comfortable. Would advise either row 2 or row 3 L and J
Not near bathroom, first to be served and in more private front cabin

Last edited by terminalfive; Aug 15, 2011 at 5:00 pm
Old Aug 15, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Just back from JFK on a 777 in J and I confirm that in my view the seats are still more confortable than many other planes

Flatbeds aside I find the 777 seat very wide - I find it easy to turn and eating is very confortable... Certainly an old style seat but it works fine for me

Btw - catering excellent this month with Friuli Venezia Giulia + Sardegna the regions for the menu / wine list
Old Aug 16, 2011, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Alice11
I remember this Autumn/Winter
Yes, so they'll be finished by March, in time for the summer season.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 1:42 am

Yes, so they'll be finished by March, in time for the summer season.
Sorry I misunderstood your previous post
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Still the old seats which are not the top of the AZ fleet, in fact the B777 fleet will be refurbished within the start of the next summer season to install the new flat-bed type ones. Service should be of the now-usual high quality however.
Yes, AZ cabin crews can be quite bad.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 3:02 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by fly747first
Yes, AZ cabin crews can be quite bad.
"Yes", where in fact you are contradicting the previous poster?

Also, AZ cabin crews in Magnifica are usually excellent. Have you ever flown AZ in the last 3 years?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 4:31 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
There is a difference of opinion on this but the OP should know that It is the opinion of many flyers, often forced to fly AZ due to lack of choice or cost, that the service in business continues to be weak. In my experience ( 6 sectors this year) vastly inferior to BA and LH. ( I speak of long haul not done intra Europe with AZ)
They also have a lot of old and broken aircraft some excellent new cabins too... Not sure if GRU is now served by better equipment but last January they flew a very shabby plane.

Last edited by rathin100; Aug 26, 2011 at 4:47 am
Old Aug 26, 2011, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by rathin100
often forced to fly AZ due to lack of choice or cost
Old Aug 26, 2011, 4:56 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by Alice11
Company rules must fly cheapest business class plus or minus 15 per cent so if AZ is cheapest JFK-CAI in the above parameters then must fly AZ
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:20 pm

Programs: Too many
not so bad rathin! You could be flying an even worse airline (lots of those from here in Melbourne!)
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Jinxy
not so bad rathin! You could be flying an even worse airline (lots of those from here in Melbourne!)
I agree. As I said the seat and ambience of the new aircraft in business are excellent. I am just not sure what they operate out of GRU nowadays. In January the aircraft seats were fixed with duct tape. If the new aircraft are in operation I would give it serious consideration as the seats are superior to TAM, the other direct operator to Italy, (albeit to Milan AZ goes direct to Rome I think)

But if you are expecting good service, my opinion is that service is better on BA TAM LH SWISS and sub-par on Alitalia. The food is much of a muchness as any Business class but better than some BA services unless you are a special afficionado of Italian cuisine in which case AZ is obviously better. And then you have hassles as mentioned by other posters with transit, ground service etc. But I dont really think this matters as much on a point to point so with the new aircraft, AZ should be fine.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 1:34 pm

This route is currently not operating with the new aircraft, however. The 777 operating on it will be refurbished during this winter season so it will have the new cabin after that, by the S12.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.