Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Excess Baggage Charge for Infants

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2011, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Excess Baggage Charge for Infants

What's the excess bag charge for an infant's checked bag if it exceeds 10kg? Is it the same 50 euros within Europe whether it is 11 kg-32kg?

That's what the below link seems to indicate. It's not clear that this chart applies to the infant bag; but if it does not, there's nothing I can find that specifies a charge for excess weight in the infant bag.

http://www.alitalia.com/US_EN/your_t...ra_charge.aspx
Old May 8, 2011, 11:56 pm

I'm not sure, although the most logical rule would be that anything above 10KG is considered to belong to the adult accompanying the infant (and therefore you would pay the 55/75/100€ charge depending on destination for a second piece of luggage). I would watch out for this sort of thing, although obviously until about 13-14KG the check-in agent can turn a blind eye on it.

Best thing to do is call +39 06 2222.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.