ANC-DFW
ANC-LAX
Print Wikipost

F Class IAH/ATL/DFW seasonal non-stop to ANC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

F Class IAH/ATL/DFW seasonal non-stop to ANC

Normally fly in the back on a multi-stop itinerary to ANC while visiting along the way. For next few years, no one to be around so looking to fly non-stop up front from one of those indicated to ANC.

I upgraded once on non-stop return leg in older United 757, but any opinions on which (Delta, United, AA) may offer better equipment and/or route? Not much current info out.

Thanks.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold
I think in June United starts back up its seasonal nonstop IAH-ANC using 757s with 16 flat bed seats.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:26 am

If one airline is offering their international J seats, that would be your best choice. As I understand it, most flights to ANC are with the normal domestic F seats. Thus, I would make my choice based on price and schedule, or elite status if applicable.

Keep in mind that many people now prefer older seat models. New models, in all Y and domestic F, often have noticeably less padding and legroom. Opinions vary, of course, but don't assume newer automatically means better.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:13 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
As this topic is specifically about flights to ANC, we'll move this over to the Alaska destination forum for further discussion. Thanks. /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks 24 for the move. Wasn't sure.

Flat bed seats would be great but not necessary. Reason I ask, several oil field buddies fly the non-stop ANC route when available, but are saddled to Delta and United due to company policy. No intel on AA.

Delta guy said the 767 used had "normal" seats with 17" width, OK recline, but nothing special or actually a click down from United's 757 old business class seats. Big cabin was a plus.

The guy that flies mostly United confirmed same seats/equipment as my trip. Which were fine.

Always looking for outside expert input. Price/upgradeability are number one as all 3 have basically same scheduled times. Also important is 2-3 bags checked free with F. I normally ship fish home at a premium but the added value of flying home with them is another plus.

Thanks again. If anyone has info on AA route that would be great.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: I've lost count
I don't often fly the routes you listed, but I flew American #2287 from DFW-ANC in F a few months ago. It was a two-class 757 with tired-looking seats. After the first two hours, I was wishing for a cushier seat. By hour five I was about ready to climb out of the plane, with nearly two hours still to go.

I've also flown Delta's two-class 757 from MSP-ANC a few times and found DL's F to be perfectly comfortable for the entire 6.5 hour flight.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 11:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
AS is due to change its a/c configuration in the next year. So in 2017 there is a reasonable chance you'll have 42 inch pitch and greater recline [On 73H +739/ER a/c].

And they have the most n/s destinations (some seasonal, or not daily)

ANC-SEA
ANC-PDX
ANC-GEG
ANC-LAX
ANC-LAS
ANC-PHX
ANC-ORD
ANC-HNL
ANC-KOA
ANC-OGG
Old Mar 14, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
There are a lot of UA routes missing from this (I am sure some of them are seasonal). ORD, DEN, and SFO also have non-stops to ANC.

I do miss the non-stop from SEA, though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.