Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Condor partnership Speculation (Pre 2017 Announcement)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Post Partnership announcement thread: Condor partnership Announced 3/20/2017

AS Partner page
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2009, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines, AA, SPG,

Hearing rumors that Alaska Airlines has a new partner in the way of Condor Air. Any truth to this?
Old May 29, 2009, 2:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I wouldn't say partner, but you can book Alaska Airlines flights through Condor. Such as, if you want to fly From Juneau to Frankfurt, Condor will book the flight JNU-ANC on Alaska, then ANC-FRA on Condor. I don't think it's anything more than an interline agreement, which allows you to be able to check your bags through. Probably won't get any more involved than that.
Old May 29, 2009, 2:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Any such agreement would probably be to feed Condor's summer flights to ANC and FAI; agreed that it probably wouldn't be much more than interline. I think the only other mutual destinations that AS and Condor serve are Orlando (either SDF or MCO) and YVR.
Old May 29, 2009, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by zhankoye
Hearing rumors that Alaska Airlines has a new partner in the way of Condor Air. Any truth to this?
They're just codesharing on JNU, HNL, OGG, STS, SEA and PDX flights.

The FRA-LAS on Condor will connect with AS/QX to STS, SEA and, PDX.

The FRA-ANC on Condor will connect with AS flights to HNL, JNU, and OGG.

Originally Posted by Chugach
Any such agreement would probably be to feed Condor's summer flights to ANC and FAI; agreed that it probably wouldn't be much more than interline. I think the only other mutual destinations that AS and Condor serve are Orlando (either SDF or MCO) and YVR.
I believe the codesharing only lasts May 30th to December 9th which I think are the date ranges for their seasonal service to ANC/FAI.

I don't think though it is any sort of mileage plan partner type agreement. Just a way to help sell more tickets.
Old May 29, 2009, 4:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, UA 2P
I would fly Condor if I could earn AS miles.
Old May 29, 2009, 5:02 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Condor yes

I have flown a bunch of the European (only) airlines for work and would appreciate another AS-lined Europe opportunity, such as Condor. I have flown them all (easyjet, ryanair, hapag). Condor would be a nice addition if that matters. Yes, I am long-time lurker, limited poster. former AS Gold and a bunch of hotels (now mere mvp). I travel mostly for business, and based out of Seattle want/need more AS partners offering a direct to Europe. Icelandair is connecting, too.k
Old May 29, 2009, 8:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by BillScann
Not yet...
And I have not heard any rumors either-

But they would be a cool partner with N/S service to AK over the Pole ^
Old May 31, 2009, 9:48 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by 402Fanatic
They're just codesharing on JNU, HNL, OGG, STS, SEA and PDX flights.

The FRA-LAS on Condor will connect with AS/QX to STS, SEA and, PDX.

The FRA-ANC on Condor will connect with AS flights to HNL, JNU, and OGG.

I believe the codesharing only lasts May 30th to December 9th which I think are the date ranges for their seasonal service to ANC/FAI.

I don't think though it is any sort of mileage plan partner type agreement. Just a way to help sell more tickets.
Condor's flights to AK are roughly May 1 to October 15, typically three or four flights per week (2x or 3x weekly to ANC, 1x weekly to FAI, and some inbound flights stop at YXY on the way)
Old Jun 1, 2009, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Chugach
Condor's flights to AK are roughly May 1 to October 15, typically three or four flights per week (2x or 3x weekly to ANC, 1x weekly to FAI, and some inbound flights stop at YXY on the way)
Well they must be extending it to December? Otherwise I don't see why they would have the codeshare listed til then if they stop flying Oct 15.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by BillScann
Wasn't Condor at one point affiliated with LH (perhaps even a subsidiary)?

I seem to recall, though, that it was considered a specialty charter operation and wasn't a *A member and therefore didn't give UA miles. Being a subsidiary of a *A member, though, I doubt they'd partner with AS.

Then again, I'd have to read up on it, but I think they're no longer owned by or affiliated with LH. Something about ownership by Thomas Cook in there, too. Kind of a confusing airline, if you ask me.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
As of last summer (2008), Condor was still listed in the LH paper timetables. However, I'm not sure that this has anything to do with their relationship with LH.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 1:04 am

Programs: AS (former)MVP, DL [NW-WP], AC Aeroplan, Starbucks Gold :)
Originally Posted by formeraa
As of last summer (2008), Condor was still listed in the LH paper timetables. However, I'm not sure that this has anything to do with their relationship with LH.
I picked up the most recent paper timetable available (boy do I love paper timetables) at the LH ticket counter while spotting at PDX. No Fairbanks. No Anchorage. No mention of DE anywhere. Based upon circumstantial evidence from the timetable, it suggests that DE is no longer a part of LH in any capacity.

~FAI PDX Flyer
Old Jun 23, 2009, 1:17 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by jackal
Wasn't Condor at one point affiliated with LH (perhaps even a subsidiary)?

I seem to recall, though, that it was considered a specialty charter operation and wasn't a *A member and therefore didn't give UA miles. Being a subsidiary of a *A member, though, I doubt they'd partner with AS.

Then again, I'd have to read up on it, but I think they're no longer owned by or affiliated with LH. Something about ownership by Thomas Cook in there, too. Kind of a confusing airline, if you ask me.
Per Wikipedia:

On 10 February 2008, Thomas Cook confirmed it would buy Lufthansa's 24.9% stake the airline, exercising an option agreed in 2007. The takeover, at a cash price of 77.19 million euros (£68 million), will give the Thomas Cook Group sole ownership of Condor, ending 48 years of Lufthansa involvement in Germany's biggest charter carrier.
I know in the past you used to be able to earn Lufthansa Miles and More Miles with them, but I don't see mention of that any more on Condor's website (despite the persistent reference on Wikipedia). And yes, Alaska is listed as an official partner on Condor's website, but the nature of the partnership is not further defined - there are simply links to the airline websites of all of the partners.

And I'm with BillScann - I would love to be able to earn, or even better redeem miles on Condor flights; and while we're making a wishlist, how about China Airlines so I can go nonstop ANC to Asia.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 1:52 am

Programs: M&M *S, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
Per

I know in the past you used to be able to earn Lufthansa Miles and More Miles with them, but I don't see mention of that any more on Condor's website (despite the persistent reference on Wikipedia). .
Condor still is a close partner of Lufthansa and probably will in the future, as the merger with Air Berlin failed. You can still redeem miles&more miles for Condor flights and there is no indication that this will change in the near future.

kiartus
Old Jun 23, 2009, 1:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
Per Wikipedia:

I know in the past you used to be able to earn Lufthansa Miles and More Miles with them, but I don't see mention of that any more on Condor's website (despite the persistent reference on Wikipedia). And yes, Alaska is listed as an official partner on Condor's website, but the nature of the partnership is not further defined - there are simply links to the airline websites of all of the partners.

And I'm with BillScann - I would love to be able to earn, or even better redeem miles on Condor flights; and while we're making a wishlist, how about China Airlines so I can go nonstop ANC to Asia.
Ok... I find it funny that DE partners with both QX and XQ

CI would be an interesting addition... doesn't KE offer nonstops too? (Or are those just charters?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.