Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

YAPTA just got me $37 in AS travel credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:45 pm

Had my best GARR day ever - 3 distinct price drops for the same flights, all today. $126 total savings each ticket (*2 tickets, so over $250 saved). All credited into my wallet without issue, immediately. Combination of Yapta + TripIt Pro worked for me great, as they check at different hours so each alerted me back and forth as Alaska updated and then I credited
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:17 pm
21A

Originally Posted by baliktad
If you book SFO-PDX-SFO, you can only make a fare guarantee claim on SFO-PDX-SFO. The price of the individual legs doesn’t matter.

If you are Gold, it makes sense to always book as two one-ways, SFO-PDX and PDX-SFO, so that you could take advantage of the fare drop on a single leg. If you’re not Gold, you’ll have to decide if the risk of your plans changing is high enough to keep the ticket as a single round-trip (so that you only pay one change fee if your plans change) and miss out on savings like the case you mention above.
I think this logic may have changed recently, because I was just able to do exactly this type of partial refare. Booked a round trip a couple of days ago. Today the outbound fare dropped, but the return fare had risen. I used the GARR link and was offered a credit for the drop in the outbound without repricing the return. (Had that not worked, I was going to try to change the outbound to another date with the lower fare available, then back. The Change Flights tool also seems to be able to change one leg without repricing the other.)

Note that this also affects Yapta strategy for round trips. It may be best to enter them as separate one ways (in this case, it didn't notify me, because the increase in the return was greater than the decrease in the outbound, so the round trip's price was up).
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:27 am

Anyone else seeing YAPTA refresh a lot less often? I logged in the other day to add a flight and noticed my other flights hadn't updated prices in 4 days or so. I was able to tell it to manually check, but that's not overly useful.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:54 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by sea_flyer_17
Anyone else seeing YAPTA refresh a lot less often? I logged in the other day to add a flight and noticed my other flights hadn't updated prices in 4 days or so. I was able to tell it to manually check, but that's not overly useful.
I tried adding several flights and only received errors. Maybe it's broken?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:34 am

Yes, its needing manual refresh now more and more. I think they only check like once a week now.

Also, for the first time, one of my Alaska flights was marked "cannot track" by yapta (roundtrip Seattle to Baltimore in Aug 2015). Which makes me concerned that Alaska might have started blocking yapta after some date.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 6:26 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by noamaan
Yes, its needing manual refresh now more and more. I think they only check like once a week now.

Also, for the first time, one of my Alaska flights was marked "cannot track" by yapta (roundtrip Seattle to Baltimore in Aug 2015). Which makes me concerned that Alaska might have started blocking yapta after some date.
AS did a quarterly schedule change recently, and that can "break" Yapta's available to track a flight until it's re-entered in Yapta. I had to re-enter several.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:56 am
Suspended

All my flights in Yapta are no longer tracked, apparently. Adding ANY flight results in error, regardless of airline.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: AS MVPG
I've got four flights being tracked and they're all working fine - updated anywhere from 5 hours to one day ago. I did have to reenter a couple of them a few weeks ago when the schedule change rolled out.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by czpdx
I've got four flights being tracked and they're all working fine - updated anywhere from 5 hours to one day ago. I did have to reenter a couple of them a few weeks ago when the schedule change rolled out.
Alaska perhaps so, but JetBlue flights still cannot be tracked.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP; Hilton Gold (Citi Card); Priority Pass (Citi Prestige); Nexus/Global Entry/TSA Pre
Thank you for reviving this thread. I had never heard of Yapta.

Was playing around with it, adding some future flights and noticed a $94 SEA to LAX fare I just booked 2 days ago for my son in mid January had dropped to $78.

Got $16 back. Thanks. (though I can't tell if the auto update is working for the flights I just entered).
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
If anyone is going to Hawaii this spring, check your flights. Yapta just notified me of a $95 price drop on my SJC-KOA and HNL-SEA flights.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:12 pm

Besides Yapta and TripIt Pro, are there any other services doing this kind of tracking these days?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Besides Yapta and TripIt Pro, are there any other services doing this kind of tracking these days?
I use lmofffice flighttracker. Works great.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Finkface
I use lmofffice flighttracker. Works great.
I mistakenly searched for this thinking it started with a capital I but it is really a lower case L. Here's the link. http://lmoffice.com/FlightTracker/

I have found fewer opportunities lately to get travel credits. Seems like the airline's pricing power is keeping prices up as you get closer to your travel dates.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Yapta didn't catch this because I'm pretty sure it's totally broken at this point, but I just got $160 back on two tickets ($80/ticket) EWR-SMF for travel in November ^ might be a good day to check your itineraries for price drops particularly if you booked awhile back. Of course, it took me from a K fare (GGU eligible) to a bottom barrel and reset our position on the upgrade lists, but I don't really expect to get upgraded on EWR-SEA anyways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.