Community
Wiki Posts
Search

award change fee question

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2007, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

award change fee question

Is Alaska like the other airlines, mileage award - changes to time and date no charge as long as routing remains the same? Sorry if this has been answered. I did a search..nothing.
Old May 7, 2007, 3:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AAdvantage, Miles & More, HHonors, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by lkohawaii
Is Alaska like the other airlines, mileage award - changes to time and date no charge as long as routing remains the same? Sorry if this has been answered. I did a search..nothing.
AS Award rules state that $50 is charged for each change after 3 days of purchasing the award tickets, at least from what I've seen before. So make the changes within 3 days, and there is no fee. These fees are waived for MVPG, as far as I know...

Cheers,
Andrew
Old May 7, 2007, 3:25 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
amgray is correct. Any change after 3 days of original bookings is $50 per change. MVPG's are waived
Old May 7, 2007, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks...now I have decisions to make. I'm waiting on a return flight home that will affect my AS mileage flight. I'll just have to decide on a firm date before I actually redeem mileage.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, 2.15 million miles; Priority Club PLT
Change fee: downgrade from F to Y, within 3 days of ticketing?

I am looking to book a multi-city trip (mostly) in First but some of the segments only offer Coach. That's fine but that problem is that the online award tool is forcing me to take a First flight at a time that doesn't work for me when I'd rather take a Coach flight later that same day.

Could I book the itinerary online to include the following flight:

Vancouver (YVR) 6:30 am
Seattle (SEA) 7:24 am
AS702 First

Then after online ticketing, call and change this segment to this flight below without penalty or change fee since I'm going from First to Coach?

Vancouver (YVR) 5:30 pm
Seattle (SEA) 6:25 pm
AS2233 Coach

I don't think I'm missing much on a 120-mile flight in First and I hate waking up early. Of course I want to avoid just making the whole reservation over the phone because I don't have enough miles to cover the extra phone miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.