Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Boy, AS has really given me a sense of entitlement! My reaction on entering the first class cabin of my AA flight yesterday (CLT - SEA) was one of mild disgust that the 321 aircraft had no power ports!
Sadly you had one of the old USAir planes, which in themselves are disgusting. Think of that plane but in a international configuration AB worn cloth seats and NO power.

But Parker is drinking the same kool aide as Dickie boy at DL complaining about the Gulf States Carriers !!! We FF at AS and JB are happy
Old Nov 15, 2015, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Indeed, the interior of the aircraft as a whole I would describe as "beat up". I had thought that those were used only for shorter flights rather than transcons.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 5:32 pm

Indeed, the interior of the aircraft as a whole I would describe as "beat up". I had thought that those were used only for shorter flights rather than transcons.
There were times in the past year that I got stuck on an American ( USAIR ) metal and their beat up, remember they used old America West planes which were also beat.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
To add insult to injury, looks as though that domestic power-less segment of an international itinerary isn't going to post (the international flight the same day posted promptly) -- will AS insist on a copy of the boarding pass (which I have), or should the flight and date be good enough?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
To add insult to injury, looks as though that domestic power-less segment of an international itinerary isn't going to post (the international flight the same day posted promptly) -- will AS insist on a copy of the boarding pass (which I have), or should the flight and date be good enough?
You fill in a form online to request credit. The requirements are described there.

On AA you probably just need to send the form. Naturally, you'll want to keep the BP until you get credit, just in case. No system is perfect.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:27 pm

Bulletin Blankets are back

I boarded the 1255 am flight from ANC to PDX this morning and low and behold there were Blankets in FC!! Larger than before and in a plastic cover!!!!!

Now that made for some good sleeping down to PDX this morning !
Old Nov 29, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
3A/C just started the "SEA HAWKS!" chant on AS 677. Great flight atmosphere onboard right now!
Old Nov 29, 2015, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
3A/C just started the "SEA HAWKS!" chant on AS 677. Great flight atmosphere onboard right now!
did they have blankets ?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by edgewood49
did they have blankets ?
FA's must have kept them on lockdown to cut down on pax ability to celebrate.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
FA's must have kept them on lockdown to cut down on pax ability to celebrate.
I was really hoping the blankets were back ! Had them out of ANC to PDX a few days ago.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 5:03 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Sadly you had one of the old USAir planes, which in themselves are disgusting. Think of that plane but in a international configuration AB worn cloth seats and NO power.

y
Beat up before the merger was announced and Im sure once it was all set that there was hardly any money put into keeping cosmetic features repaired and updated since they will be slowly re doing it all into AA schemes.

What Ive always wondered is why dont a lot of airlines change the tail numbers of merged planes? Or is that just way too much hassle and paperwork?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ANC

What Ive always wondered is why dont a lot of airlines change the tail numbers of merged planes? Or is that just way too much hassle and paperwork?
Probably this. QX even had PH(?)-(xxx) registrations on the old Q200s.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by ANC
Beat up before the merger was announced and Im sure once it was all set that there was hardly any money put into keeping cosmetic features repaired and updated since they will be slowly re doing it all into AA schemes.

That is their permanent tail number, it's like some states the tags are/were permanently assigned to that car. my old AF tail number was 647529 which gave when made and last #serial if my aging memory serves me right !!!!
Old Dec 5, 2015, 8:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Greetings from Lake Louise Lodge...bar open that's all.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Greetings from Lake Louise Lodge...bar open that's all.
So, take your snowmachine across Lake Louise, go through the channel to the other end of Lake Susitna and check on my cabin. Had you told me you were going, we could have had a party there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.