Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines secured credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Alaska Airlines secured credit card

Sad to say when I was younger I was very bad with my credit and now it on up and up to where I can obtain credit again. I just recently was able to get the secured Classic Alaska Airlines credit card. Under the agreement if I pay the bill on time they will up my spending limit. Has anyone had one of these and about how long did it take for them to up the limit?
Old Jul 24, 2006, 1:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP
You need at least 1 year before they up your credit and/or change your credit card into an unsecured one. During the year, you've to pay all your bills in full and on time (including all other credit cards, cell phones, gas, power, water, etc).

I had the same problem when I first moved down from Canada and had no credit history in the US.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by fly4funsea
Sad to say when I was younger I was very bad with my credit and now it on up and up to where I can obtain credit again. I just recently was able to get the secured Classic Alaska Airlines credit card. Under the agreement if I pay the bill on time they will up my spending limit. Has anyone had one of these and about how long did it take for them to up the limit?
Where did you get this card? I don't see anything on the BofA website about secured cards.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johnp012001
Where did you get this card? I don't see anything on the BofA website about secured cards.
A secured card be it from BoA or any other banking place is for those of us who might be rebuilding our credit (like me). My card has a very low credit limit on it, about r/t to LAX from SEA. I get all the benies as a "regular" cc holder would get but my spending limit is a lot lower.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by fly4funsea
A secured card be it from BoA or any other banking place is for those of us who might be rebuilding our credit (like me). My card has a very low credit limit on it, about r/t to LAX from SEA. I get all the benies as a "regular" cc holder would get but my spending limit is a lot lower.
Very familiar with what a secured card is and does for you, just haven't been able to locate any info on the bofa website about an airline secured card. The typical bofa secured card requires one year of being handled as agreed, when it is then considered for graduation to a standard product.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johnp012001
Very familiar with what a secured card is and does for you, just haven't been able to locate any info on the bofa website about an airline secured card. The typical bofa secured card requires one year of being handled as agreed, when it is then considered for graduation to a standard product.
I applied for one of the regular ffm cards but was denied since my credit wasn't up to BoAs standard. So instead they offered me a secured card which is fine by me. One probably wont find any info on it on thier website is my guess. I am just glad they offer it even in secret so I can get my ffm with Alaska and help get my credit on the up and up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.