Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta/ Alaska Deal?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2003, 5:22 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SEA_Tigger:
If the Delta (DL) loyalist can earn and redeem miles on AS/HQ, they will fly Alaska (AS)...</font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SEA_Tigger:
Yes, HQ's better penetration and AS' direct flights may very well convince non Mileage Plus members to pick AS...[/B]</font>
What is this HQ that you are referring to? Is it a carrier code? If so, this page saids HQ is Business Express Airlines - BEX, which I am not familiar with. Does HQ have something to do with Headquarters?
Old Oct 24, 2003, 5:23 pm

The more opportunities or options one has the better. Regardless of route coverage overlap by other AS partner airlines the fact is it isn't easy these days redeeming miles for awards. I say the more the merrier!
Old Oct 24, 2003, 6:09 pm

Most of Alaska's existing partners can get our passengers to just about every corner of the globe.

DL's limited Caribbean/South America coverage doesn't bring a lot to the table for AS customers, especially considering that both AA and CO are incredibly strong there.

Of course DL does have a strong European network, but so do both AA and CO, as does NW.

DL's Asia service is almost laughable; NW and CO provide far more service to Asia.

So if AS and DL are talking, it's to provide domestic feed and connectivity.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 7:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by keithguy:
What is this HQ that you are referring to? Is it a carrier code? If so, this page saids HQ is Business Express Airlines - BEX, which I am not familiar with. Does HQ have something to do with Headquarters?</font>
Business Express Airlines was a commuter carrier focused around Boston/Logan (BOS). They were purchased by AMR a few years ago and have been integrated into American Eagle.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by keithguy:
What is this HQ that you are referring to?</font>
Being brain-damaged, I mean, Horizon Airlines, which is QX.

Old Oct 25, 2003, 11:56 am

I really hope that AS does not give in to any idea of establishing a code share with DL. I have been a DL elite for the past fifteen years, earning lifetime elite status and well over two million actual flown miles. I have seen Delta decline from being an absolutely outstanding global airline to being one of the worst-run and most arrogant companies in the industry, leading me to migrate over to Alaska this year, where I have had no regrets. Hopefully the AS board will do some serious homework before ever entertaining a code share arrangement with this atrocity from Atlanta.
Old Oct 26, 2003, 8:01 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WebTraveler:
[B] For example, it is doubtful even the total Delta loyalist will fly Portland-Salt Lake- San Francisco when they can already take Alaska Portland-San Francisco.

I have done that a few times myself, but less likely now that DL is putting so many RJs in SLC.

Let's also assume a guy needs to get to Eugene from New York or Boston. But currently a DLoyalist could go to PDX and drive.

So while Delta can offer Alaska some new passengers I am not sure the number is really that great.

I do think that DL could help Alaska steer some business away from other carriers going to Alaska to AS. And I'd like to get DL miles (or use DL free tickets) when I go fishing out of Juneau.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.