Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Both pilots out of cockpit?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
IIRC there can be 2 jumpseaters on a 737... so one could witness 3! people emerge from the cockpit of those and still have a pilot at the controls. Not a lot of space in those cases
I've seen this before. On one flight, the poor guy who was sitting in the torture seat, tumbled out of the cockpit and landed at the FA's feet. Much laughter was had by everyone except him.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), SPG (Lifetime Plat), Star Alliance, One World, Virgin (Gold)
"Is this normal procedure? Was on an E175 today and both pilots were out of cockpit for several minutes - one in restroom, one in galley."

Only the OP knows what they saw. This raises such a [B]serious[B] safety issue, if I saw this, i would write/email to the airline and the authorities which regulate the airline and ask for clarification.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Premier Owl
"Is this normal procedure? Was on an E175 today and both pilots were out of cockpit for several minutes - one in restroom, one in galley."

Only the OP knows what they saw. This raises such a [B]serious[B] safety issue, if I saw this, i would write/email to the airline and the authorities which regulate the airline and ask for clarification.
If I was really concerned about it, I would just try to observe how many people are in/come out of the cockpit at the destination. Or... ask the FA (without sounding like a know-it-all CFR citing FTer).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.