Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

any way to book one PNR with both AS & Mokulele Airlines ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium

I'm trying to book a family member from SMX to SEA. Google flights finds SMX-LAX-SEA routing that has Mokulele Airlines from SMX-LAX. But there is no way to book online. They suggest calling AS to book but AS agents tell me they can't book it. Mokulele agents can't book it either. Any suggestions? Booking on United is about $600 while the Mokulele/AS is $311.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Used to be, heck MW was an AS partner (when they had E-170's)

Perhaps thru a brick and mortar travel agent?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
AS and MW do have an interline agreement and the fares allow end on end so not sure what the issue is.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:12 pm

I think you mean you want the flights on one ticket, not one PNR. Each airline always has their own PNR. You can probably book this on one ticket at https://bookwithmatrix.com. I think they charge $15 per ticket.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: AA PRO, AS 100K
You can easily book this itinerary on one ticket on KAYAK or Priceline. A random search from SMX-SEA brings up many options with SMX-LAX-SEA on MW/AS.

In fact, any OTA should be able to book on one ticket considering the interline agreement between MW and AS. Do note PNRs are carrier-specific, so you will receive a PNR for MW and a PNR for AS but for the same reservation.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Be careful of jargon. PNR's are irrelevant for most purposes. If you call a TA, the TA will book multiple tickets into a single PNR and you will have what you asked for even if the two carriers do not interline and that will mean nothing except that you have a single invoice.

What I suspect you want is a single ticket so that you have an unbroken fare and protection for a misconnect. Because the two carriers have an interline agreement, either can issue a ticket. Generally, the carrier with the originating segment would do so, but you likely hit an incompetent agent. So, call back with the exact fare basis you picked.

Alternatively, call a TA. As always with TA's, make certain that it is one you trust and you double-check that you have a single ticket (not PNR).
Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Paging UAPremierExec

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.