New markets from PDX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
New markets from PDX

They mention PDX-MKE.

What else will AS try from PDX?

http://airwaysnews.com/blog/2016/04/26/high-flyer-interview-john-kirby-vice-president-of-capacity-planning-alaska-airlines/
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:43 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The definition of a long, thin route.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I vote for...PDX-DEN ^
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
Originally Posted by jjka
They mention PDX-MKE.

http://airwaysnews.com/blog/2016/04/...aska-airlines/
PDX-IAD is currently being talked about. See link:
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...-servi-430449/

PDX-MKE wouldn't surprise me one bit and sounds like a perfect E175 route. AS has been having success with the route from SEA and now with WN pulling SEA-MKE they will have the route to themselves. It's more likely they will add additional capacity to MKE by adding PDX-MKE.

Agree that PDX-DEN needs to come back, this huge hole in the AS network.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:57 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
I figure sea-Mke will increare capacity either an up gauge or 2x daily or both . Seems like adding nonstop from pdx would be the most unlikely option to add capacity to Mke :/

I'm all for it though. Still waiting for that Mke mini hub .....acquire SY and move it to Mke

Last edited by ANC; Oct 21, 2016 at 1:03 pm
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Is there really that much demand for MKE? Last time I went there, I flew into ORD then a quick 15 min flight up to MKE.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ANC
I'm all for it though. Still waiting for that Mke mini hub .....acquire SY and move it to Mke
Why do that? If you're going to acquire SY you do what DL did to you in SEA; build up a new hub in MSP.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:49 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Is there really that much demand for MKE? Last time I went there, I flew into ORD then a quick 15 min flight up to MKE.
sure it's 10 or 20 minutes air time but 1 to 3 hours wasted on the ground in between flights
Done that many times and sometimes the flight is 7 minutes. I guess if you like to gamble and fly American eagle into and out of ohare have at it. They're almost always late or delayed or worse and they're understaffed at Mke
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum - current Titanium, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
I fly PDX - MKE through SEA often. Generally 10-15 others, every flight. Would love to see that on a 175
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA
PDX-PHL, I hope. Followed by SJC-PHL and SAN-PHL
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by jjka
They mention PDX-MKE.
Interesting. Knowing MKE has high concentration of DL flyers, I would expect a big response from DL possibly hitting AS with overcapacity and/or low fares.

Jiburi
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by jiburi
Interesting. Knowing MKE has high concentration of DL flyers, I would expect a big response from DL possibly hitting AS with overcapacity and/or low fares.

Jiburi
same way they did when AS added PDX-MSP? Actually, I don't think DL even blinked. I doubt this would draw a large response from DL at all to be honest.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold

Jiburi
Doubtful. PDX-MKE? What would Delta do? Add the flight? OK, that's not bad either. This flight is not going to be full, not enough traffic.

First choices: PDX-DEN, PDX-PHL, and maybe an alternate day PDX-MSY. Wish list, of course.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan; WN Rapid Rewards; DL SkyMiles; Mariott Bonvoy; Hilton Honors.
PDX-MMH since the MMH-LAX flight no longer connects to the last PDX or SEA flight on the same day.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum - current Titanium, HHonors Diamond

Jiburi
MKE's largest airline is Southwest. Every one else has a few flights a day from hubs. Have flown in on every major carrier. It would take traffic away from PDX - ORD, but I'm not sure where AS is on capacity of that. I know they've driven fares down in that market. I do think there's some demand - the SEA -MKE flight has been full the 10 or so times I've flown it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.