Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KOA: Hurricane Madeline Waiver Aug 2016

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Exclamation KOA: Hurricane Madeline Waiver Aug 2016

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com

Hurricane Madeline

Due to Hurricane Madeline, we are offering the following waiver if you prefer to change, postpone, or cancel your plans.
Travel To/From

KOA
Tickets Purchased On/Before

August 30, 2016
Original Travel Dates

August 30, 2016 - September 1, 2016
Exception Policy

We will waive the change fees and the difference in the price of the ticket if the new travel is booked to or from the affected cities in the same cabin and completed on or before September 10, 2016. You may request a refund if you choose not to travel at all. Tickets must be exchanged or refunded on or before September 10, 2016.
Additional Information

Minors traveling unaccompanied will not be accepted into or through the affected cities during this period.
Pets traveling in the hold or shipped via Alaska - Air Cargo will not be accepted on flights to/from the affected cities during this period.
Passenger traveling with their pets in the cabin will be accepted on flights to/from the above cities.
Hotel/Food/Ground Transportation amenities will not be provided by Alaska Airlines.

As always, we advise you to check your flight status before departure. If your flight has been affected, you may rebook your flight, apply for a refund or call Alaska Airlines Reservations at 1-800-252-7522 (if calling from within Mexico, call 001-800-252-7522).

Sign up for Trip Alerts or Flight Status Alerts and we'll notify you of any last minute delays, cancellations, or gate changes on your flights by email or text message.
KOA has been getting some nasty storms this summer.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
We are going tomorrow (Sept 1), are not too concerned.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
UA/DL/AA have added OGG to the list of affected cities. They have also added a Hurricane Lester waiver. AS is the most restrictive at the moment with only KOA for Madeleine, and nothing for Lester.

I'm already not going (hotel was cool and has agreed to let me move dates). Worst case I cancel the AS ticket and just get MyWallet funds, but would rather take a refund, so I'm currently tying up AS's inventory until they update their waiver.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I'm hoping it doesn't affect flights to HNL. I am flying down on Sunday for a meeting on Tuesday. A friend from the Big Island is staying at my place in HNL at the moment. She has to go home Saturday but I'm starting to wonder if she'll make it.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by channa
UA/DL/AA have added OGG to the list of affected cities. They have also added a Hurricane Lester waiver. AS is the most restrictive at the moment with only KOA for Madeleine, and nothing for Lester.

I'm already not going (hotel was cool and has agreed to let me move dates). Worst case I cancel the AS ticket and just get MyWallet funds, but would rather take a refund, so I'm currently tying up AS's inventory until they update their waiver.
I don't understand Alaska's reluctance to issue a travel advisory for Lester.

Lucky you that your hotel was cool about rebooking or cancelling. We gambled on an airbnb for the first and my guess, last time. Not looking like they are willing to move our dates to October so we're out 400 bucks because of their strict policies.

I'll stick to vrbo or a hotel from now on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.