Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

any experiences with crediting "OP" fares from DL to AS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion

Flying to Malaga on Saturday and used some SkyPesos to upgrade my outbound flight.

Surprisingly, DL didn't ask me to change my FF# on the res from AS to DL ^

Original fare class was M. Does anyone have any success or failure stories on getting credit for an OP ticket with an underlying coach fare class on DL? I'm assuming it will credit as an M fare 100% but just wondering.

Typically this would have failed at the time of the upgrade as in the past DL has always required DL crediting for an upgrade to even be processed using Pesos.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Flying to Malaga on Saturday and used some SkyPesos to upgrade my outbound flight.

Surprisingly, DL didn't ask me to change my FF# on the res from AS to DL ^ ...
Typically this would have failed at the time of the upgrade as in the past DL has always required DL crediting for an upgrade to even be processed using Pesos. ...
hmmmmmmmmm ... interested to know how this works out ... I used miles to upgrade BWI-DTW-SEA next month (DL has a 744 operating as a positioning flight, snagged one of the last seats upstairs ); I don't need either the DL spend or the 3600 miles, and I'd get to MVPG a couple weeks earlier than I'm currently forecasting if I can indeed credit to AS
Old Aug 3, 2016, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrl767
hmmmmmmmmm ... interested to know how this works out ...
i will try and remember to update this after next week. flying Saturday so the miles ought to post on Tuesday if manual intervention isn't going to be required. i saved the receipt showing M class before processing the upgrade just to be safe.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 6:19 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan, Marriott Bonvoy, NEXUS
hmmmmmmmmm ... interested to know how this works out ... I used miles to upgrade BWI-DTW-SEA next month (DL has a 744 operating as a positioning flight, snagged one of the last seats upstairs ); I don't need either the DL spend or the 3600 miles, and I'd get to MVPG a couple weeks earlier than I'm currently forecasting if I can indeed credit to AS
How do you find out about the DL 744 positioning flights? I've seen them mentioned occasionally, but I've never seen a good list.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Kufat
How do you find out about the DL 744 positioning flights? I've seen them mentioned occasionally, but I've never seen a good list.
"Domestic Wide-Body Opportunities" thread on the DL board
Old Aug 4, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan, Marriott Bonvoy, NEXUS
Thanks! Too bad my cousin's getting married that September weekend...otherwise I'd be all over a flight to SEA on a 747.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Both segments posted without incident.

SFO-JFK was IRROP and I had to move to an earlier departure. They rebooked me in full J but sadly the flight still posted as M fare distance credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.