Search

AS Codeshare on Ineligible AA Flight?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2016, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
AS Codeshare on Ineligible AA Flight?

I have some upcoming flights on AA that are operated by SkyWest that were in the valid range for AS accrual when booked, but were changed to invalid range (was 59xx now 60xx). Route is IAH-LAX.

Here's the kicker, AS puts their code on some of these flights, yet they claim these are still ineligible for accrual if booked as AA, per 2 emails to MileagePlan.

Is CS just wrong here, or is this for real? It's a partner for codeshare purposes, but not a partner otherwise?

The flights were always SkyWest, so it appears they just added flight numbers as AA has grown.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
I recall another thread several weeks or months ago with a similar issue of AA renumbering outside of AS's valid range but not if there was any follow up afterwards if it credited or was denied.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I think I'm going to fly it and then try to force it down their throat if it doesn't post. They put their own code on it, so it doesn't make sense it's not a valid partner flight.

Worst case, I credit to AA after the fact.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So the two flights in question did not post automatically. The connecting flights (AA mainline) did post just fine.

I'm trying to use the logic with AS that these flights should have posted, as they also carry AS codeshare numbers on them (thought I bought on AA code), so clearly they're partner flights and should accrue credit. But now they're saying that not all AS codeshares earn miles:

Sure enough, the flight numbers in question are:

AA6019 IAH-LAX 0800P-0935P
AS4123 IAH-LAX 0800P-0935P

So this flight is indeed outside both the AA and AS flight number ranges.

Eligible flight numbers for AS:

1-999
2000-2999
3124-3499
4800-4999

Is this for real? AS sells AS-coded flights that are ineligible for credit? Or is this just a housekeeping item -- they expanded and aren't keeping up on the MP side?

Is there an escalation contact at MileagePlan who could look at this and say for sure this is intentional or not?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by channa
Or is this just a housekeeping item -- they expanded and aren't keeping up on the MP side?
I'd go with this. The flight numbers get out of date.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I'd go with this. The flight numbers get out of date.
I went back and forth with them a few times on this, and they stood by the fact that AA6xxx is not in the valid range, despite the codeshare on the flight.

I flew one of the same flights again this past Sunday, and it posted just fine to AS:

08/14/2016 AMERICAN AIRLINES Flight 6019 IAH LAX Credited 345 780 1,125

So maybe they're starting to clean this stuff up. It's still not listed in the flight number ranges, but it's sold as AS, so it's clearly a partner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.