Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Preferred seat? [Preferred Plus seat message]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G

Just saw this on a res I have AS 175 LAX-ANC June 13, 2016

◆ Preferred Plus seats have been selected for this flight.

Same seat assignment that I already had, but found this new statement interesting. Is this part of the move to the E+ layouts?
Old May 28, 2016, 12:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W

Same seat assignment that I already had, but found this new statement interesting. Is this part of the move to the E+ layouts?
Have been seeing warnings when trying to change seats concerning Preferred Plus Seats.
Old May 28, 2016, 12:10 am

I noticed this today for the first time. I don't think it was on my reservation before. I did switch my seats around today between row 6 and 17 and I did not get any warnings.
Old May 28, 2016, 10:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by wwongo
I noticed this today for the first time. I don't think it was on my reservation before. I did switch my seats around today between row 6 and 17 and I did not get any warnings.
6 and 17 are the two rows right now that are Preferred Plus. So I wouldn't think the message would appear.
Old May 28, 2016, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold; AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by BOB W

I also see the little diamond next to my row 6 seats in the itinerary view for an upcoming flight. Didn't have that before.

The seat maps have been showing row 6 and the exit rows as "preferred plus" seating for a while, so this is just another indication that you're in that extra leg room seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.