Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

First time to check in on Android app, no TSA pre shows up, normal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

This is the first time I check in my flight on Android app, the ticket was bought from agent. I put my known traveler number there but the e-boarding pass does not show it is TSA-pre, is it normal? Should I print a paper boarding pass in the airport instead? Can I do so?
Old May 24, 2016, 4:44 pm

TSA pre should show- IIRC it's in the upper right corner.

You can try calling Alaska and having them re-enter the KTN, which will cause it to ask TSA again. Otherwise, enjoy untying your shoes.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
This has nothing to do with check-in on the Android app. Sounds like either you put in the wrong KTN, or that the name on your KTN ID doesn't match the name on the reservation.

If you don't see pre-check in the app you won't see it on a paper boarding pass.

Neil
Old May 24, 2016, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Sounds like you were randomly selected to not get PreCheck this time.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Just called Alaska, they can do nothing. I guess the random pick-up is the explanation. I will enjoy the long line tomorrow.
Old May 24, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by John Wang
Just called Alaska, they can do nothing. I guess the random pick-up is the explanation. I will enjoy the long line tomorrow.
Could always try having an agent at the airport reenter it and reprint your BP there if you have time. Nothing to lose really.
Old May 24, 2016, 6:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by John Wang
I guess the random pick-up is the explanation.
I've never seen someone with a NEXUS/GlobalEntry/TSA Precheck card get randomly denied PreCheck, despite TSA's claim that they might do that.

It's far more likely that you have a name mismatch on the reservation compared to what's on your KTN card.

Neil
Old May 24, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by missamo80
I've never seen someone with a NEXUS/GlobalEntry/TSA Precheck card get randomly denied PreCheck, despite TSA's claim that they might do that.

It's far more likely that you have a name mismatch on the reservation compared to what's on your KTN card.

Neil
I can confirm this happened to me just last Friday. I have Global Entry and booked through my company portal with stored FFN so no chance of a typo when entering, plus the reservation recognized me as AA EXP for seat selection. When I printed out my boarding pass no TSA-Pre. Asked the check in agents to re-enter KTN which they did but still no luck. This is the first time it has not shown up on my boarding pass in I'd guess 250+ trips over the past few years with multiple carriers. Not a bad success rate but, sadly, the random rejection can happen.
Old May 24, 2016, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by missamo80
I got denied twice, the first two times I used my KTN with AS, but have been batting 1.000 since.
Old May 24, 2016, 10:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Haven't missed getting Pre✓ yet although new to the program this year.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Not sure if this is the same as the OP's issue, but I have never had my KTN correctly attached to my AS reservations when I have booked the reservations through Concur. I always have to login to my AS account, save the reservation in My Trips, and then add my KTN.
Old May 25, 2016, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

You actually reminded me that this is also my first time to use KTN with Alaska, it might be the reason. In the past I used with WN several times and all of them have no problem.

Originally Posted by nookanaya
Not sure if this is the same as the OP's issue, but I have never had my KTN correctly attached to my AS reservations when I have booked the reservations through Concur. I always have to login to my AS account, save the reservation in My Trips, and then add my KTN.
Old May 25, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
FWIW - When i book thru CWT my KTN makes it over fine for AS flights, but WN has a known issue (surprise surprise) where it does not. I have to call in and manually have an agent copy it over from my profile for every reservation i book.
Old May 25, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Interesting. No problems with Pre on trips booked through Concur for me, and the last set I've switched my Concur profile to just my middle initial.
Old May 25, 2016, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
When you check in via the app, AS gives you one last chance to add the number before completing the check-in, no?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.