Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Created a mileage account for my 5 years old girl but cannot access online

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Is it always the case? I tried to enroll her online and got message that said she is too young and I have to call. After calling, I enrolled and got an account ID but I still cannot create an account for her. Does it mean that I don't have a way to maintain/check her balance at all?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
IME Alaska does not like to turn on account access for minors. I have been told, however, that if the account sees a lot of activity they may grant exceptions. Haven't yet asked for my kids, though.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
I can access my 1 year-old's account online with no trouble, and have been able to since the moment I called to create the account.

She has only one trip of activity so far, since she usually travels as a lap infant.

I can't remember any particular tricks I had to use to make it work; I think it just did.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:11 pm

You have to call in and ask them to manually create the account and specifically allow online access for the account. I had the same problem where I couldn't access he info online. Apparently having an account and having online access are two separate things for them.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:25 pm

Same for me. I created the accounts over the phone, and they gave me the initial passwords for online access. Make sure you get the passwords when you call, and you should be set.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Called again and got the account setup. Appearently they treat MP and account as two things as mentioned in #4

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.