Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AA benefit for G75K's [baggage]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Thumbs up New AA benefit for G75K's [baggage]

Was checking in for an AA flight tomorrow and noticed the following on AA's baggage page:

Originally Posted by aa.com
What will it cost?
Complimentary bags

In some cases, you won't have to pay the baggage fees for up to 3 bags. Find out if this applies to you.
1st checked bag is complimentary for:
  • Eligible AAdvantage Aviator and Citi / AAdvantage cardmembers (on domestic American Airlines operated flights)
  • AAdvantage Gold
  • oneworld Ruby
  • Alaska MVP members

1st and 2nd checked bags are complimentary for:
  • AAdvantage Platinum
  • oneworld Sapphire members
  • Alaska Airlines MVP Gold

1st, 2nd and 3rd checked bags are complimentary for:
  • Confirmed First and Business Class customers
  • AAdvantage Executive Platinum
  • oneworld Emerald

• Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K
  • Active U.S. military and/or dependents with ID traveling on orders (1st - 5th bags free of charge)
  • Active U.S. military with ID on personal travel

*emphasis mine

This is exciting.

However I did notice there was not a waiver for bags over 50 lbs (like ExPlats or First/Biz get) - still an enhancement ^
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I like stealth benefit enhancements. Wonder if there is more stuff coming our way, like a reciprocal upgrade agreement of some kind
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I'd love seeing Priority Access tags get added
Old Oct 29, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
I'd love seeing Priority Access tags get added
If you check in at the elite check in, they usually throw priority tags on.usually.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The one last little thing that would make this a near perfect partnership is FL access for the 75Ks. If they are partially treating us like EXPs, maybe they can give us a little more partially.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I hope the death of the DL relationship continues to bring us little treats like this ^
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:18 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The one last little thing that would make this a near perfect partnership is FL access for the 75Ks.
Ain't gonna happen.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
The one last little thing that would make this a near perfect partnership is FL access for the 75Ks. If they are partially treating us like EXPs, maybe they can give us a little more partially.
I much prefer being eligible for upgrades even though the chances of that happening is slim
Old Oct 30, 2015, 5:31 am
IJK

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I much prefer being eligible for upgrades even though the chances of that happening is slim
I'd tend to agree. Upgrades on Delta ARE possible, but usually we are in position X in a list of X.

It is also a pain to fly Delta. As is flying American Eagle into and out of LAX. Never again!

But sometimes we have to fly where AS does not fly. So that means AA, DL, but never UA...

Old Oct 30, 2015, 6:43 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

The closest I can see happening is AA agreeing to allow AS elites purchase 500 miles upgrade coupons ($30 apiece) to request upgrades, but complimentary upgrades will never happen.

Same for flagship lounge access unless AS joins OneWorld.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, UA 2P
Originally Posted by IJK
I'd tend to agree. Upgrades on Delta ARE possible, but usually we are in position X in a list of X.

It is also a pain to fly Delta. As is flying American Eagle into and out of LAX. Never again!
Really? I've always had great luck getting upgraded as a Gold SLC-ANC. Even in and out of MSP, I fly up front 20% of the time. I hope AS and Delta can kiss and make up as my flight experiences with AA have been really substandard. And wanna make a complaint to AA? Send them an email, it's the only way. They'll get right back to you...err...sometime.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 11:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Well turns out I have a reservation on Monday TPA-MIA I'll be testing this out on ^
Old Oct 30, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
From the thread in the AA forum on elite benefits on AS:
Originally Posted by naswi
I am flight AS 303 (SFO to SEA). At check in, Agent mentioned that AA elites will not be charged for confirmed stand by changes (I changed from a later flight in the afternoon to morning flight) She said that an announcement will be made soon. Good news for AA elites on AS.
Seems like there will be additional benefits coming soon.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Notable that you can earn 75k AS EQMs (or 90k EQMs including partners) and get a benefit that AA's own fliers don't earn until 100k.

Originally Posted by alphaeagle
I like stealth benefit enhancements. Wonder if there is more stuff coming our way, like a reciprocal upgrade agreement of some kind
AS is the only airline for which "stealth benefit enhancements" doesn't scare me.

Originally Posted by dayone
Ain't gonna happen.
Unless AS joins oneworld....

Speak for yourself. I prefer a full suite of benefits I can count on to a small chance at an upgrade to domestic F, especially since the longer the flight, the less likely the upgrade is, by and large.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:48 pm

GGU work as eVIPs on AA? Anybody? That would be pretty awesome, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.