Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Which AS/QX destination(s) do you most want to visit (but haven't made it there yet)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which AS/QX destination(s) do you most want to visit (but haven't made it there yet)?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

1. Msy
2. Koa
3. Chs
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:52 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
LIH
TPA
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
LIH
ADK
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Some of the rural Alaska destinations that I haven't yet been to (or landed at but not gotten off the plane).

OTZ
OME
BET
DUT
ADK
CDV
YAK
WRG
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chugach
Some of the rural Alaska destinations that I haven't yet been to (or landed at but not gotten off the plane).

OTZ
OME
BET
DUT
ADK
CDV
YAK
WRG
I can tell you BET is not very exciting so you are not missing much. Anything over 5 hours is probably overkill.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I want to go to BRW......just to do it.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
1. ADK
2. BRW

We'll probably do Barrow this fall for one of their high school football games, just as an excuse to go.

Neil
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Madone59
Been there twice for that very reason. Interesting place to visit but one night is plenty of time to see what there is to see.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Madone59
BRW is cool. I never got around to posting my Alaska DO trip report last year when I took a side trip up there. It was a last minute booking 12 hours before departure due to an issue I had wih Era going out to Nome. I got up there and asked a representative from one of the tour companies if they had room on their day tour and went around with them seeing all the sights and then took their shuttle for the evening flight back to ANC.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by missamo80
1. ADK
2. BRW

We'll probably do Barrow this fall for one of their high school football games, just as an excuse to go.

Neil
The football game is cool (literally). Have friends involved with the booster club- they have some tasty food for sale at the game.

Almost got stuck last year too- A/c did a low pass (so EF recorded it as an arrival ), it went to SCC, and made a second successful landing ^
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:03 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by beckoa
The football game is cool (literally). Have friends involved with the booster club- they have some tasty food for sale at the game.
Do you/your friends know when the schedule of games will be announced? That's what we're waiting on to book flights. We figure we'll fly up, watch the game, and fly back the next day.

Neil
Old Jul 2, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: AS
Did BRW in 2009. Plane landed and stopped, made a 180 degree U turn right on the runway, and headed back to the terminal.

Left the airport to check in to hotel first, then went back to the terminal to collect luggage. Hotel was across a two lane street from airport.

Taxi was a flat $5 anywhere. $20 for teriyaki lunch. Went to Barrow Point and tried to catch a glimpse of polar bear, but saw nothing but whiteness everywhere.

On the flight out, plane was almost empty. Sitting in Y way in the back, FA invited me to move up to F and served me drinks. Good times.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
good thread.

1. LIH
2. RDM (was supposed to have happened this spring but it didnt )
3. YAK
4. DUT
5. YYJ
6. SJD
7. LTO

I have been to both ANC and HNL, but i'd like to fly the ANC-HNL flight...for 'noveltys' sake.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
I have been to both ANC and HNL, but i'd like to fly the ANC-HNL flight...for 'noveltys' sake.
I can assure you it's like every other west coast-Hawaii flight. Same service, same length. I get where you're coming from though.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
good thread.

1. LIH
2. RDM (was supposed to have happened this spring but it didnt )
3. YAK
4. DUT
5. YYJ
6. SJD
7. LTO

I had a HNL-SEA-PDX trip booked and the HNL-SEA red-eye had a relatively minor schedule change but I called in and got it changed to HNL-ANC-PDX....the layover in ANC was long enough to rent a car and have breakfast at the Hotel Alyeska ^ It was also nice to grab some extra miles because that's when I was transitioning from UA to AS and trying to work my way up to MVP....unfortunately that also meant no bonus miles or chance for an upgrade

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.