Search

Sharp livery!

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Sharp livery!

Hi guys, I'm not a regular on this forum but I am sitting at the UA club at SNA and I glanced out the window to notice a really beautiful 738 livery....it had a Boeing logo near the front of the fuselage and was a mix of blue and silver with the AS dude on the tail. One of the sharpest planes I've seen! ^
Old May 25, 2015, 1:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

^
They were sold out of this one at the Company Store (1:100) last month. Settled with the 'paint the plane' Hawaii Livery instead.
Old May 25, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
It's the Spirit of Seattle plane:

http://splash.alaskasworld.com/newsr...of_Seattle.jpg
Old May 25, 2015, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by apodo77
It's the Spirit of Seattle plane:

http://splash.alaskasworld.com/newsr...of_Seattle.jpg
Yep that's it. Nice job AS!
Old May 25, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Cool looking plane!
Old May 26, 2015, 4:05 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Originally Posted by enviroian
Hi guys, I'm not a regular on this forum but I am sitting at the UA club at SNA and I glanced out the window to notice a really beautiful 738 livery....it had a Boeing logo near the front of the fuselage and was a mix of blue and silver with the AS dude on the tail. One of the sharpest planes I've seen! ^
On occasion, you'd even see the four Disneyland aircraft. It's really fun to fly to LAX/SNA on a plane which reads "Follow me to Disneyland."
Old May 26, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
They were sold out of this one at the Company Store (1:100) last month. Settled with the 'paint the plane' Hawaii Livery instead.
I bought the PacMin version of the Spirit of Seattle when it was on sale a couple years ago. If they ever sell that again, it's worth every penny.
Old May 26, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP; Hilton Gold (Citi Card); Priority Pass (Citi Prestige); Nexus/Global Entry/TSA Pre
Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
On occasion, you'd even see the four Disneyland aircraft. It's really fun to fly to LAX/SNA on a plane which reads "Follow me to Disneyland."
We got to fly on the Spirit of Disneyland II from LAX to SEA back in April. What they really need to do is decorate the interior to match the special exterior - otherwise you have no idea you are on an AC with special livery.
Old May 26, 2015, 3:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Earendel
Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
We got to fly on the Spirit of Disneyland II from LAX to SEA back in April. What they really need to do is decorate the interior to match the special exterior - otherwise you have no idea you are on an AC with special livery.
You don't look at the tail # before boarding?

Some have a plaque near the front, only the Starliner is decked out (that I know of) with a special interior.
Old May 26, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP; Hilton Gold (Citi Card); Priority Pass (Citi Prestige); Nexus/Global Entry/TSA Pre
Originally Posted by beckoa

You don't look at the tail # before boarding?

Some have a plaque near the front, only the Starliner is decked out (that I know of) with a special interior.
Yes, I look at the tail number (when I can see it). My wife thinks I'm a bit crazy. My comment was meant for people who don't pay attention before they board. I will often look up the service date of an AC from the tail. Last year we flew on a only few months old ER that still looked brand spanking new on the inside. Now, if they would only train the FAs how to properly use the sky interior colors.....
Old May 26, 2015, 4:33 pm

Sharp livery!

Special Interior = Maintenance nightmare

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.